What type of Anthias?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

anthias are actually very hardy. Bartletts, dispar, cranberri, stocky, randalls, bicolor, lori's, multicolor, or lyretail are all good starters. They should be fed atleast 3 times a day. This is the main reason why so many die in captivity... not enough food.
They eat plankton out of the water column so they shouldn't pose a threat to your pod population.

I recommend dispar or bartletts. they do the best IME. If you skip a meal with them, it isn't a big deal.

stay away from purple queen and ventralis. These do very poorly. The purple queens rarely ever eat, and the ventralis are never decompressed right.

:)

PS: cardinals school very well as well. The blue eyed cardinals always school and constantly breed in captivity

i suggest dispar or

Thanks for posting Zemuron

Thanks For the reply Zemuron I hope this will be OK with Leland as it was his thread :oops:
I was hoping to take a species and table it to get any feed back from the members If they have ever had or are keeping these guys?
Pseudanthias huchtii and If you have been successfully with them please share how you have done it and what your tank spec's were or are for Keeping these guys. Have a pair of Pseudanthias dispar's that I have had very good luck with for almost a year now I would like more info on the Huchtii Anthias thanks for all replies good and Bad...Jeff:)

anthias are actually very hardy. Bartletts, dispar, cranberri, stocky, randalls, bicolor, lori's, multicolor, or lyretail are all good starters. They should be fed atleast 3 times a day. This is the main reason why so many die in captivity... not enough food.
They eat plankton out of the water column so they shouldn't pose a threat to your pod population.

I recommend dispar or bartletts. they do the best IME. If you skip a meal with them, it isn't a big deal.

stay away from purple queen and ventralis. These do very poorly. The purple queens rarely ever eat, and the ventralis are never decompressed right.

:)

PS: cardinals school very well as well. The blue eyed cardinals always school and constantly breed in captivity

i suggest dispar or

hutchii are very close in care to the stocky. Look alike and have same needs, which is just feeding multple times a day. My LFS got in hutchii and they eat like pigs, but are much more aggressive then say bartletts or dispar.

Late to the party....I was going to post the first link Jake65 posted. I learned alot about Anthias in that thread.

Back