Votes: 63 28.1%
  • Glass

Votes: 117 52.2%
  • Both

Votes: 40 17.9%
  • Other (i.e. wood, concrete)

Votes: 4 1.8%

• Total voters
I have always had glass, but when I got my new 230 I had IAP build it out of 3/4" acrylic, cost just a little more but doens't bow at all. I really liked being able to drill it where needed, and love the coast to coast overflow and the euro bracing. Scratches are something to be careful of, but I seemed to get a few overtime with the glass ones and couldn't do anything about the scratches, which has been very easy to take out with a scratch removal kit on the acrylic. Temp in the tank seems to stay more steady also.

Im a glass fan atm. Krish,you dont need acrylic to get rid of those nastie power heads
Thanks FFrankie for the motivation(LOL)...I am working on mine as we speak. The tank is down for a few changes...

Thanks Nikki:) ill have the tank up and running soon! I moved to Charleston, sc and all is going well.
Krish, if you go to my gallery you will see my 120 glass tank I drilled out.

I have only ever had glass tanks. 2 have broken on me. When I am ready for a new bigger tank I want to go with Acrylic, ease of set up and lighter wieght.

I have a new 100 gal acrylic and a 30 glass. I like the idea of being able to drill the tank where needed. Also great for the fact I have a 2 year old harder for her to break ;P

I would have thought the majority was acrylic - guess I was wronge. I have acrylic now and I'll definatley go glass next time b/c of the scratching problems w/ acrylic.

Back