What would you put in a 90gal???

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Just an observation, you may already have this covered, but I haven't seen mention... You're going to want more live rock. More LR means more filtration, and that means more bioload capability. Keep in mind, also, that adding rock will start a new cycle, so you're going to have to go through that again. The earlier the better, in my opinion, and all at once, instead of in stages. These are just personal preferences, though.

Jiddy I really wasn't joking about them. I dont think shops should sell them but I dont think they should have copperband butterfly's either. I feel if you took ten of each fish you could get 2-3 to take spectrum or other food. I guess I just dont think they are impossible. Sorry for all of the crazyness. I tend to say things without thinking. But again I really do want to try an MI at some point. I dont think I have the sponge diversity yet and I would have to grow a good amount in a sump to let them feed off.

90 gallon try a flame Angel if you dont worry about it feeding off coral. Very beautiful and active fish.

Brenden said:
I do not have a 90 but I would give the chromis some companions or maybe some small gobies. I am with krish on keeping the load low.
PS. I also have a single chromis.

You might want to be careful if you're planning to add more than one chromis. These little bastards can be evil and will often kill eachother. Watch out!

Sherman said:
Just an observation, you may already have this covered, but I haven't seen mention... You're going to want more live rock. More LR means more filtration, and that means more bioload capability. Keep in mind, also, that adding rock will start a new cycle, so you're going to have to go through that again. The earlier the better, in my opinion, and all at once, instead of in stages. These are just personal preferences, though.

Yes, I failed to mention that I am making some homemade LR, I have some curing now and am making more soon. I am still researching what I want so I have some time to let the current setup mature and then, when the homemade stuff is ready, in it goes.

I also hope this thread doesn't devolve into a "responisble reef keeping debate", please keep fish stocking to hardy fish that are known to be easy to feed and care for. Moorish Idols and copperbands and mandarins belong in the advanced discussion area.

Thanks, I hope this thread stays useful.

Still looking for experiences with schooling fish.....

This is my opinion, but you could get a harem of Flasher wrasses. They are bright, and colorful and could be fun to keep. I want to keep a lot of different wrasses in my 90g along with a Coperband butterfly, a Regal Angel, and some type of Rabbit fish.

90 gallon owner
1 - purple tang
1 - kole tang
1 - foxface lo
1 - copperband
2 - clarkii clowns
1 - royal gramma
2 - yellow watchman
2 - target mandarins

Wow, busy tank, must look awesome at feeding time. Thanks for your list.
ramtheory said:
90 gallon owner
1 - purple tang
1 - kole tang
1 - foxface lo
1 - copperband
2 - clarkii clowns
1 - royal gramma
2 - yellow watchman
2 - target mandarins

Beckmola24: I am going to look into the flasher wrasses, thanks for the suggestion.

Back