Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

tito martinez

Let me know what you people think.
PICT0005.jpg

PICT0004.jpg

PICT0069.jpg

A pic of the tank its running
PICT0002.jpg

Very nice man!!!! I would like to make my own Calcium Reactor.
How much cost you to make it?
Do you have any plans that i can follow?
Good job? I hope that work well
Jose

I like it when someone can DIY equipment, it makes your system yours, your personal touch, nice work!

Thanks to all.
krish75: The mag is 250 gph; the reason i used this one is because i drilled and taped a hole on the output line from the main pump to push water to the reactor therefore there was no need for a big pump to create enough suction to run the reactor and pull water from the sump.
Jose:el reactor salio aprox. en $175.00 sin contar la labor pero no tengo planos por que lo hice por uno que vi en una foto y le hice algunas modificasiones.Este reactor trabaja de maravilla.Grasias.
Translation:
Jose:the reactor came to aprox $175.00 not counting the labor but i dont have any drawings or diagrams because i made it by one i saw in a photo and made a few mods.the reactor works great.Thanks.
scooterman:I know what you mean.All my sistems were made by me and im really proud of it.Heres a pic
PICT0070.jpg

and this is the kalk reactor
PICT0003.jpg

That is great tito.
Can you expand on the Kalk reactor some? I love its tiny design.

Mat

Thanks everybody.Really apreciate all your coments.
bc slc:The kalk reactor has a 5'' dia tube and is 15'' high,its got a 200 gph micro pump for recirculation and one equal to feed the reactor conected to a liquid level sensor.I dose 3 spoons of kalk on it at each time because the calcium on the tank is at 440-460ppm,alk is 12dkh and ph is 8.4-8.6 so if i were to put more kalk in the reactor the levels would skyrocet.

Tito.

Awsome job, and most important, exellent design. The ultra slow flowing buffer stage is very nice, and your setup looks perfect.

¡Trabajo muy bueno! Usted es un exellent "lo hace usted mismo el individuo" que es el reactor hecho en casa más fino del calcio que he visto siempre.

Thanks liveforphysics.I can see you can kick some words in spanish,congrats.my system works preaty good but im planing on upgrading the skimmer into a dbl. reirculating becket.I will try to post some progress pics when i start building that one.

Back