Whats the most expensive fish you've bought?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Oh yeah, can't forget firefish. Had 2 purple firefishes and both died ($60 total).

I am done with firefish, too fragile for me. Too bad too, I love the purple ones. Like the Helfrich's also, but a little out of my range :)

I remeber when Golden Butterfly fish went for $ 250.00. They are still $150- $175. The most expensive fish are Japanese Koi fish, some are in the thousands of dollars. And it just a flippin' carp :lol: I know some have sold foooooooooorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. $250,000.00 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

139.99$ plus overnight shipping on a Blue face Angel. You see him as the reef frontiers banner sometimes. Thats in my tank. 189.99 plus shipping on a show size Emperator for a clients tank. I also lost a 140$ queen angel in quar. It was heart breaking. It was a beautiful fish. Right now all of my acros are dying from white band disease. I have fragged them into many small colonies trying to save as much as possible. It does not seem to be effecting the monti colonies at all. Steve

Great White? Thought everyone ever attempted to be kept in captivity has died? Did they finally figure out how to keep one alive? If they have it would be great!!!!! Most humans have never seen one other than on TV.

The most expensive fish I ever "paid for" was a King I landed out of season up in Alaska....opps....nah actually the fish and game guy was real nice and I didn't get any fine once I pled "stupid"... I released it but I didn't know you couldnt take it out of the water to do it......the trip cost a fortune though......:(

Flame Angel $49.95

Ohgee said:
Great White? Thought everyone ever attempted to be kept in captivity has died? Did they finally figure out how to keep one alive? If they have it would be great!!!!! Most humans have never seen one other than on TV.

I think they have a life expectancy of 2 wks

Sea horse

We paid 116 for our seahorse and 100 for the clam. But then the price of the rock and coral beat that so it doesnt seem like a lot in comparison.

$35 multibanded dwarf angel...that died 2 weeks later. anyone have good luck with these?

Paid $120 for a beautiful Pair of True Percula Clownfish......
Sounds Like a Lot, but I have no Regrets, They Are a Great Pair and Spawn almost every month...

johnleno and sparks - Welcome to Reef Frontiers!!!

I spent $70something plus shipping on a Magnificant Rabbitfish. I also paid $120 for a pair of tank raised Black Onyx True Percs...juveniles no less :). I can't imagine paying $250,000 for livestock! :eek: especially a carp :D

I paid $90.00 for a Scott's Fairy.

$35 multibanded dwarf angel...that died 2 weeks later. anyone have good luck with these?

Very difficult to keep these for any lenght of time they don't adjust well to captivity and very difficult to feed...I only know a couple of people who have kept them longer than 6 months.

OK, I'll play:

-Mystery Wrasse $99. Doing very well and has tripled in size since jan.
-Labouti fairy wrasse $90. Dead for no aparent reason after a month of eating and soing well.
-Peppermint Hog Fish $120. Disappeared overnight without a trace. Really mad about this. No body left!!!

Back