Whats the odds??????

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

odds are better that.... wait... Ive nuked my aptaisa farm 10 times or son in th elast few weeks....

Im gonna get my self another pep Shrimp... the aptasia came back after the last peppermint dissapeered

I put 2 in my 525 gal and they cleaned them out. I prob only had about 15 though.

(agreeing with TheJ) yea, we had quite a few and even a couple pretty good sized ones. the first few days we thought the peppermints weren't doin anything, then slowly but surely the aptasia started to disappear... even a couple big ones!
:)

I had an aptaisia overgrowth in my 10gal, one peppermint shrimp later and they were gone, almost overnight.
On a side note for those who it doesn't work for I have heard that there are two very similar looking shrimp but only one will eat aptaisia.

Tim

yep - im pretty sure those ones are called camelback shrimp. they look very similar but i believe the hump on the back is a little sharper.

On a side note for those who it doesn't work for I have heard that there are two very similar looking shrimp but only one will eat aptaisia.

Tim

well its been about a month since i add the shrimp and wow ohhh wow the evil aptaisia are gone :) :) :) So i give the peppermint shrimp my stamp of approval on aptasia removal

i gotta pick one up.....

its bin a few months now that i havent had one.... and the aptasia are starting to show ageain..

Back