Votes: 38 62.3%
  • clear

Votes: 12 19.7%
  • other

Votes: 3 4.9%

• Total voters

Krish

RF STAFF
Let's have it... Do you use a background on your tank and if so, what color is it? If you like, you can state whether yours is painted, acrylic, one of those stick on's etc.. :)

I have a glass tank with a blue acrylic background siliconed on the inside. Always loved to see the shimmer of metal halides against blue acrylic. :)

mine is glass and had clear background and I put limo tint on outside to make it a black background

62815_164059216940961_100000106510263_586137_2198845_n.jpg

Glass tanks with painted black. Except my original 20H, which has a plastic dark blue background similar to those I used on FW tanks in the day.

Mine is Black acrylic, but since we moved the office into the fish room I wish I had left it clear so I could see the fish from this side. So now I am working on a seahorse tank in the office so I have something to look at other than my sump!

Ours is the adhesive black backing. Stuff works great as long as you apply it correctly :)

Mine is glass with black limo tint. I like it but if I could easy change it I think I would try a dark blue on for size.

I personally have done painted and the tape on. My favorite is vinyl that you get from the sign shop. It can be almost any color you like. It applys very easy. No drips, no runs, no flaking.

I have 2 tanks: 40B and a 57 illuminate both with backs painted black. So far no chips, scratches or problems on either tank.

Last edited:
I have a 75 high tech freshwater planted that is acrylic with a black back but you can't see much of it bec

Back