Whats your favoriate Fish Store?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

shallowreef

I figured since i now realize i'm not the only person here from illinois i think we should see where everyone likes to spend their paycheck.

I Visit the following places:

Sho Tank Aquariums
Sea Shor
Advanced Aquatics
Wet Pets and Friends
Tropical World Pets
Strictly Pet supplies
Beyond the Reef
Living Sea

Just to name a few ;)

List your favoriates

I go to Aquatic Reef, Beyond the Reef, Advanced Aquatics, Scott's Pet Shop, at times Exotic Aquatic...was planning soon to go to Sho Tank Aquarium. Also....I shopped on Ebay.

Ocean's Floor.

sorry for the late reply.

Go up Randal to when it turns into james r rakow rd. Go around the airport, then turn right on at the first light. Then, go down the road till you see an industrial park on the left. Take a left there at industrial drive and you will see it up on the left side. I think it's the second or third drive.

I went to Sho Tank Aquarium yesterday and the store was empty! Did they move somewhere or went out of business???

They moved Down The street. They are towards the Mcdonalds if your comin from 176.

Ryan Whats Your Address? Do you know how to get to woodfield? If so do you take the expressway?

Sho Tank

I'm in Lake in the Hills IL so getting there would probably be the easiest from 176.

I take 90 to Woodfield. Yes.

Ryan

If you guys are ever in the Palatine area there is a new fish store you should check out. I believe its called Coral Paradise. Its a nice little store and right across the street from the train station so theres lots of parking. Its on Northwest Highway.

I am in the south suburbs (Tinley Park) and there are several good shops in my area. The best is by far Aquatica on 167th and Oak Park Ave. Chicago Reptile house (Near 143rd and Lagrane) recently changed to a new Coral vendor and they had some good deals when I was there last week. Also Capture the sea is near me, but they rarely have anything good. Would anyone near Chicago want to meet up to buy/sell/trade corals? I am willing to drive quites a ways or am willing to host.

What kinda corals do you have for sale? I am looking to stock my 210 and i live in palatine (northwest suburbs).

Mostly softies although I have a couple extra frags of some type of misc branching coral. I have extra sinularia dura (cabbage leather), yellow polyps, and some very large red mushrooms. A frag of super green pavona(You could be the only other person in Chitown to have some of this. 99% of all pavona is brown and ugly. This has color that will burn your eyes.) I have a few small rocks with misc zoo's although these are small (10 polyps or so) I have 4pieces of this branching coral I have been growing. My LFS (which is pretty knowledgeable unlike most) said that is was such as such but that it was unusual that it had a different type of unknown coral growing over it, so it expands during the day like a softie In the next week or so hopefully I will be able to get some pics up and you can look at individual pieces. There are some other things that I have that if you were interesed I would attempt to frag. Overall I have

Cabbage leather * 3 colonies
Yellow polyps
Red mushrooms * 3 colonies
Multicolor zoo * 2 colonies + some small frags
Green hairy mushrooms * 2 colonies
Misc branch coral * 5 pieces
Super orange fungia
Super green pavona SPS (Giant piece + 1 frag)
Red Lobo brain
Purple Lobo brain (20+ heads) maybe could be fragged
Neon green spaghetti leather
Orange ricordia (only 1)
Misc shrooms (about 10 loose individuals misc colors)
Nepthea (1 small piece)
Sun coral (1 large colony) maybe could be fragged
Super green Maze brain
4 color metallic open brain
2 color open brain
Metallic Ruby red Monitpora
1 green and purple rock anenome

Up till now I have been slow to frag things as I know no one else in the hobby to trade with/sell to. I started a small 10 gal for my dad and stocked that with overgrowth, but after that I haven't had an outlet for my growth. The LFS will buy it, but they pay too little. Anyways if your looking for SPS/LPS than I can't help you much. If you interested in anything I listed just let me know and I will focus on getting those pics up first.

I may be interseted in the zoas and ricordeas. THe sun coral sounds good too. if you can get some pics up i will go from there. Oh don't forget the price.

I've heard of that place but i've never been there before. lately i have just been sticking with Sho Tank. Matts had some really nice fish and corals coming in lately. I hoghly recommend that store to anyone who is looking to save some money. Matt has the cheapest prices than anyone i know. Another good place is Coral Paradise. Jim has a great selection of LPS and some really nice fish too. These are the only two LFS that i really buy from and both are great!

I go to Reef Mystique - and Upscales fish and reptiles in Tualatin, Oregon. Best selection or Frags I have ever seen.

Check out he web site WWW. Upscales.com

Also best show tanks I have ever seen anywhere.

Back