Whats your favoriate Fish Store?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Well adunn79, thanks for the idea but seeing that this thread is for Chicagoland area LFS i think that one is a little to far of a drive for us, but thanks for participating.

Cool thread! I also go to Aquatic Reef, Ocean's Floor, Beyond the Reef, Advanced Aquatics, Scott's Pet Shop. I've been to Exotic Aquatic but never bought anything $$$$.

57reefer,

You should realy check out Sho Tank Aquariums out in Mundelien i know its a bit of a drive for you, but the money you'll save is unreal especially compared to Advanced Aquatics and Beyond the Reef.

I've never been to Ocean's Floor but i have heard a lot about them. Where are they located?

Any of you guys ever been to Living Sea? you wanna talk $$$$$

Post #5 has directions for OF. Thay have great zoas. Does Sho Tank have a good selection. Some places always seem to have the same ol same ol or slim pickens.
Never been to LS but will stay away.

Oh okay thanks about O.F.. As for shotank and a good selection i Say Yes! But there are times where i will go in there and it will be all cleaned out. But usually the next day or two he is getting a shipment. He has LPS, SPS, clams, Fish, supplies...and He is always the cheapest guy for anything i am looking for. He can order you anything you want and does excellent work on custom made tanks. He actually did all the plumbing on my tank and its great! I would call him beofre you made teh trip just to see what hes got in and if what your looking for isn't there then ask when the next shipment is coming in. Usually they get shipments on Mondays and Wensdays. He has all sorts of odd fish that most fish stores don't ever get. Plus he's a great guy to deal with.

HTH

Are his fish healthy? I have seen a lot of sick fish from some on my list of lfs, they will remain nameless. I've been in the store at time when they have actually sold sick fish. Buyer beware.

I don't want to jinx him but i have never bought a sick fish from him ever. Don't get me wrong he gets fish in that have stuff on them but he will not sell the fish until it is healed and healthy. Same with feeding if a fish isn't eating he will not sell it.

I really think you will be very impressed by his store. Its a bit of a drive but i spend about 99% of my money in his store. Worst case scenario is you go there and don't like what you see and don't go back but i don't think that will be the case. he is always busy so you know people must like his store.

How many tanks does he have. I'm going to try to get out there this weekend. It's a haul, about an hour from my house.

he has about 16 tanks with corals in them 4 or 5 tanks with LR and then he has a 210 SPS colony tank. As for Fish he has a huge system setup in his store so you'll have to see it for yourself.

Thanks for getting back to me. I didn’t get there this weekend. I did get a nice bubble coral from Aquatic Reef and a sml yellow tang from Beyond the Reef. Looking at going to Frag Fest on Sat.

Waters of the World-anyone??

store in Evansville,In called Waters of the World or coraldoc.com-saltwater only store with a specilaty in reef-nice selection and great people

Back