Whats your favorite fish stor

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Been going to Barrier Reef for 7 years now, and have never received anything less then exceptional customer service and livestock. They get almost all of my business.

I personally like.... I know I know.... but it is PETCO in Lakewood on 100th street. They always have a great selection, prices and their staff there is incredible. Especially josh the store manager. They all really love the fish. Any other petcos though ...... STAY AWAY! And barrier reef is a nice store but I have found them usually on the higher end of the pricing .... but very nice selection and nice store.

Vwrock :

It's the best Petco around for reef inverts. Now if they'd only get rid of the nasty algae in some of their tanks.

I will say that I find that Sierra Pets and Barrier Reef are best for great zoanthid and coral frags!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III using Tapatalk 2

I agree they need better zoa and coral selection. They usually have a great fish selection. And they do try to keep up with the tanks... but I don't know about anyone else but everytime I'm in there they are super busin aquatics.y

Ocean By Design (Renton WA)
Upscales (Tiger OR)
Golden Basket (Tiger OR)
CuttleFish (NE Portland)

Great list, but if your coming all the way down to Oregon you might as well check out The Premium Aquarium down in Salem :D Their and Cuttlefish and Corals are my favorite places to spend a paycheck.

I need to check out the Northern stores one of these days. It sounds like you guys have some great places up there.

Barrier Reef is the closest to me, and IMO has the best fish and coral selection. Their customer service is kind of iffy depending on amount of people they have at the time, but still great no matter what.
Ocean by Design has the best customer service hands down, they do have a decent selection of livestock (not a lot when I last visited but granted it was like 4 weeks after their last shipment in so that was expected). But the fact that they QT their fish makes up for it. Their equipment selection is quite limited, but you're mainly there for the livestock anyways, so doesn't really matter to me. But the best part is, the kid (owner's son) is ADORBZ.
Sierra Fish and Pets, I don't really know how to review, their selection is very nice with a lot of dry goods and live stock, but their customer service and employee knowledge is very iffy and depends. I'd suggest you give a visit if you're close, but not worth the drive if you're from far away. Visit barrier reef instead.
So to rank of selection:
1. Barrier reef comes on top hands down
2. Sierra & OBD is even depends on what you're looking for and when you visit

For customer service:
1. OBD definitely comes on top
2. Barrier reef follows 2nd
3. Sierra comes in third

Just me 2 cents

Wat about sumner? I go to petco by south hill mall a lil too.
D

I got the zoanthid colony in the attached photo at the South Hill Petco for less than $30.00 a month or so ago when it was on sale. A beautiful piece with a mussel and several tube worms.

Sumner Pets is cool too. Wish they'd increase their invert selection, though.

(Forgot the photo. It exceeds allowable file size. (Grumbling now.)

The Petco zoanthid.
20130614_072702.jpg

+1 sweet find for that price $

looks like eagle eyes or whammin watermelons.... soooo many names lol.
-d

Unfortunately, it came without a name, but so did most of my other ones. I buy by sight. I like it and the price is right, I get it.

Really Denny's pricey in my opinion there not I always talk to Jessee the manager or the red head kid they always take good care of me with the price if need it I like them a lot to :)

Really Denny's pricey in my opinion there not I always talk to Jessee the manager or the red head kid they always take good care of me with the price if need it I like them a lot to :)

I like Denny's also, although they are a bit far for me. I talk with Jesse and Chris( the red headed guy), that is where I have purchased my first two aquariums. Both were on sale at the time. They will be even further away once I move, then it's Shark Reef for future purchases.

Back