Whats your Thoughts on this???

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

DTECH07

M.I.A
After reading several post here and other forums of the The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly experiences of reefers i was thinking why not award the OUTSTANDING LFS and Sponser???
Here's my thought
A Quarterly:
LFS of the Quarter
and
A Sponsor of the Quarter
This would be based on :
Customer Service
Quality of Product (Live stock and dry goods) and Store
Forum support and ect...
The Awarded LFS or Sponser would receive a write up, T-Shirt, photo shoot of the store ect..
I'm just think and not sure if it has this been done, seems like a way to say thank you to the ones that take care of us and allows others to (perhaps) step up their game in this hobby.
SO WHATS YOUR THOUGHS????

If you dont mind, we will move this to the "Feedback and Suggestions" forum.
Its a very interesting suggestion.

Good thought. But, question, would this committee travel the northwest seeing how not all the sponsors are local? Or will it be done by voting from the members of the forums? I think, imo, they should be voted for. My 2¢, but love the idea!

Great question.
That's why I left it open so if the RF staff looked into his there would be a pool to review from the open response in this thread.
Seems like it should have forum members input but would need a committee to direct and manage input of info from selection to awarding.
Just a thought.

How about having one thats for this area that is in the psas section.
Again this could be a win win for the sponsors and the psas to grow a bit.
and maybe start ramping up the psas forum a bit. Just my two cents as well.
(I think it would be good to support our lfs and local psas at the same time)
:)

For sure because we have a large community here with some old school big hitters. Our LFS are growing and are trying to provide for us and in turn we need to build a solid Reefing community that set standards I Reefing not wait. I'm impressed with the caliber of the local reefers and SOME of the stores here.

Some is the key word. I dont care much for the ones that just try and make a buck without regards to the oceans. But for every one bad store, theres 3 good ones!

So that's the theme in a sence. Recognizing the stores and sponsors that are proactive in regard to the customer, clean and safe processes, customer and quality orientated.

How about having one thats for this area that is in the psas section.
Again this could be a win win for the sponsors and the psas to grow a bit.
and maybe start ramping up the psas forum a bit. Just my two cents as well.
(I think it would be good to support our lfs and local psas at the same time)
:)

The PSAS on their own forum already do a write up on an LFS each month, which I think is a good idea. Not necessarily recognizing one for anything in particular, just a monthly article on a different sponsor each month.

Yes and at current PSAS is very busy with several things and I was requested to bring the thought back up in July for review. But it seems our fish stores here In in the sound area are (some) growing and maturing and we need to see that and generate Reefing spirit for both members, stores, and sponsors. This brings the teaching of new reefers and improves on the old one which will generate sales and deals from LFS and sponsors. This expanding variety of corals and dry goods (can you tell what my old job was) and expands the hobby.

I think that it could be a good thing, but I was wondering about the stores that are sponsors here on RF and sponsors of PSAS that wouldn't get votes as compared to some others.
Do you want to set up competion of sorts, at the risk of aleinating others?

Some our sponsors donate huge. Product and time.
Some others maynot have the budget to do so.
But they still pay to sponsor.

Maybe I am way off base. :(

I idea isn't for a competition but a recognizing and bring to front the quality of these LFS or Sponsor and to bring attention to little shops that normally wouldn't be seen outside of word of mouth for their quality of service and product.
As far as the LFS and Sponsors that are found here in RF and on PSAS I posed the same question to both sites and received two different responses which I stated above. I not sure at exactly what level that RF and PSAS function together but it would make sence this could be a joint action between the two with shared resources and acknowledgement to have a unified front to our LFS and Sponsors. Again that's just a though from what I know, see and hear from the outside.

I wasn't trying to slam the idea. I think it can be a good idea, doing something that tells our sponsors how much we appreciate them and what they do for the club and for the forums.

Mfinn,
I didn't perceive you question at all as a slam but as a valid question and truly appreciate it because I'm sure there are others that may be thinking the same thing but may not ask. And for this (if accepted and put in place by the powers that be) we as members need to ask, suggest, and understand fully what's happening and why.
Hopefully other of the RF are looking at this and have a say so far one has (hint hint).

maybe just start a thread about LFS's or maybe a thread for each store so people can post there goods and there bad's about each place. So that people can read them.

Just my 2cents cause then no one gets left out and people can post there experience 's there.

I like the idea of this.. being I am noob and have tons of questions about stuff and places to shop.

I'm like you as you deal with several LFS and sponsors you build a relationship and it would be nice to do (something smaller) like the Coral Magazines how that acknowledge individuals but in this case LFS and Sponsors. And a picture is worth a thousand words. And in this hobby we love pictures and beautiful things.

maybe just start a thread about LFS's or maybe a thread for each store so people can post there goods and there bad's about each place. So that people can read them.

Just my 2cents cause then no one gets left out and people can post there experience 's there.

I like the idea of this.. being I am noob and have tons of questions about stuff and places to shop.

Not an idea that will fly here I don't think.
Each sponsor has their own forum. You are more than welcome to post in their forums anything good. If there are issues that you have with a specific sponsor we ask that it be taken up with them in private.

I do however think it is a cool idea to feature a sponsor each month. I think it would be very helpful in getting to know more about each sponsor and what they specialize in and what they bring to the hobby.

Back