Whats your worst Reef Experience??

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

When XM metal halides first came out all three of my lamps broke where the glass attaches to the screw base. I had no light on my tank and hellolights (I found out that they own XM) didn't want to replace the bulbs. A couple of weeks later I saw on one of the other forums that this was happening to all of their mogul lamps. They finally gave in, but had already purchased Ushios to keep my tank from crashing. I'll never buy cheap "asian seconds" again.

DD

Well lets dust this off and fire it up again shall we.

Over memorial day weekend i went out of town and my parents shut the door to my room/tank room. They to were going out of town and felt no need to turn on the air considerind no one was going to be home. So over the next two days it got up to 93 outside and my room must have been near 100 with lights on and no way for the heat to escape the room. Well needless to say my tank got up to 92* and stayed there for about a day. I lost all of my sps and a couple of fish. I decided to shut down and quit the reef scene and purchased a 210 that is going to be FOWLR for now and then later on i may get back into reefing but SPS is something that i'm gonna try and stay away from for now.

Who else has some? Something bad had to happen to somebody since the last time this thread was up.

wow, sorry to hear about your reef shallowreef, hope the fowlr works out.

well, my story isn't too bad compared to any of you guys, but the other day i left my ro on to fill up a 5g bucket and forgot to turn it off because i went to bed and in the morning my parents yelled saying there's a flood in the house. so wake up and realize oh sHeeeet! i left the ro on! i go to my bathroom and find that the floor inside and the carpet outside the bathroom is all wet. then im thinking why my parents are downstairs?! then go to find that the water seeped all the way downstairs. in the end i was left with a super wet carpet and the, once nice-looking, hardwood downstairs all jacked up, also today my dad found there is some leaking in the crawl space under the house in the vents :cry: . i estimated a total of [(7hrs of sleep/24hr x 100gpd) - 5g from the container....] 25g of ro spilled. oh well, it's good thing that korea beat togo that day, it kind of made up for it?

josh

joshinjosh said:
wow, sorry to hear about your reef shallowreef, hope the fowlr works out.

well, my story isn't too bad compared to any of you guys, but the other day i left my ro on to fill up a 5g bucket and forgot to turn it off because i went to bed and in the morning my parents yelled saying there's a flood in the house. so wake up and realize oh sHeeeet! i left the ro on! i go to my bathroom and find that the floor inside and the carpet outside the bathroom is all wet. then im thinking why my parents are downstairs?! then go to find that the water seeped all the way downstairs. in the end i was left with a super wet carpet and the, once nice-looking, hardwood downstairs all jacked up, also today my dad found there is some leaking in the crawl space under the house in the vents :cry: . i estimated a total of [(7hrs of sleep/24hr x 100gpd) - 5g from the container....] 25g of ro spilled. oh well, it's good thing that korea beat togo that day, it kind of made up for it?

josh

Yeah I used to dump ro/di water straight into my sump but since the flood and the ultra low salinity I haven't done that again. I would ratehr it go in the bucket than the sump. Needles to say I have also flooded the living room three times under other circumstances!

I mis read the directions the first time I used kalkwasser and added 55 teaspoons of kalk to my 55 gallon tank.

Back