where can i find VHO lighting fixture

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

peddy10181

i am looking to set my new fish with live rock with VHO lighting, but i cant seem to find any fixtures, my tank does not have a hood so i am not sure what to do but use a fixture, the tank is 8FT long, if some one could point me to a place that sells VHO fixures, or maybe how to retrofit VHO into like a lowes hardware fixture?? any input would be nice. thank you.

What are your plans for this tank? LPS, SPS, Fish only with liverock? How deep is your tank? VHO's probably are not the best choice. Let me know.
Thanks,
Darrell

Fish with liverock. Tank is umm 96inch by 36wide by 30tall I think. Tank will be fir my blue spotted stingray. There will be a cave in the main tank with most of the rock in the sump I an thinking

Great dimensions on your tank! Does it have a hood? Either way you could get by with like 4 150watt metal hailde pendants. Or 2ea 4' 4 or 6 bulb T5's. I dont think they make a 8' vho tube.

I don't have a hood for it. Was trying to stay in the $300.00 rang for the lights. That's why I was thinking VHO. could go upto maybe 500 but I don't plan to have any corals at all so I don't need any thing way hi power.

i would build a hood doesnt cost much then i would get 2x 48" vho bulbs and use the waterproof endcaps. if you need help i love building stuff

You happen to have power tools to cut the wood and what not lol?? About all I have us a hammer and drill.

Back