Where do you guys get your co2 tanks filled?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

PraxAir...if you want the same tank back, like if you actually bought a new tank, you have to carefully explain to them that you want to maintain ownership. They send all the tanks to a filling facility in Tacoma I believe. Typically you just get a swap out tank, but I am a bit skeptical of how other people handle tanks when they have them.

I painted the handle a bright color and zip tied on a brightly painted acrylic disk (yes, you can use those holes you cut out for something!) with my name and city. Because I don't do the swap out thing, I own two tanks. That way I always have one running while the other is being filled. It is about a 2 week turn-around when you do it this way.

The Central Welding Supply in Lynnwood (on corner of hwy 99 and I think 196) is usually pretty good about refilling your own tank. That's not too far from Shoreline. I've been to others that just want to exchange b/c it's easier and cheaper for them. If you have a nice tank, as janarowe mentioned, make sure you look for a store that is willing to refill your own. If you have a not so nice tank, then heck, look for one that exchanges and maybe you'll end up with a nice one :D :D :D

Airgas is where I go. They will exhange, not fill. But I don't care what my tank looks like.

Also try homebrew supply shops. Mmmm, homebrew.

I don't really care what the tank looks like, I just don't like any possibility that some hillbilly has put something other than CO2 into it.

Back