where do your fish sleep?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

For those that do have wrasses that have tendencies to go after inverts, do you also have clean up crews or even shrimps? Or do you go without?

Oh, and I mean big crews like several snails and several crabs. Not just a few that can escape.

I have a full compliment of snails, he never bothers them and I also have a coral banded shrimp and he swims right by him, he doesn't seem to care. Now, that is just the Melanurus Wrasse and he just went after the hermits when I first put them in. The others crawl all over the rocks and he swims right by them now. The McCoskers Flasher Wrasse has never bothered any of my inverts, hermits, emerald crabs, snails, etc. and I have had him for 3 years and never had a problem. If you are worried about your inverts, stay with a flasher or a fairy wrasse and you should be okay. Also, if your inverts are already in place, I doubt if you would have a problem.

My wrasse usually sleeps completely buried, but I guess this time he figured all he needed to do was bury his eyes. lol

28yc.jpg

Funnest thing is he's upside down with her head buried. I have no idea where my Leopard Wrasse sleeps, The Coral beauity floats under a rock, Lawn Mower Blenny sleeps against the glass in the back and the Paired clowns sleep in the Anemone.

Back