where is a good place to buy large SPS colonies?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

ckeadle

everything seems to be frags these days... where is a good place to get a larger colony...

i dont know, but just remember that a large colony has a large price. your best luck is to wait for somebody parting out there tank and even then offer them a good price or because they will probly have many people asking them for frags.

good luck

Either LFS or online retailer... almost all my stuff died this summer from a heater malfunction and I need to restock.

Your best bet is from someone parting there sytem out.

My favorite LFS are Saltwater City in Bellevue and Blue Sierra in Issaquah. They have some SPS colonies that are the size of base balls if that helps

Last edited:
A guy in the local reef club just sent me this.
CoralPricesOct252006update.jpg

He does have good prices. Here is first one he sent me before some sold.
CoralPricesOct20b2006.jpg

everything seems to be frags these days... where is a good place to get a larger colony...

If you're looking for a LFS... you may try calling Eric at The Shark Reef. He usually gets in 4" size colony's... and if I remember correctly, he mentioned he was due in a shimpent today of corals. Not sure if this was his LPS/Softie Shipment... or if he got in any SPS's... but would be worth the phone call.

If you're looking for a LFS... you may try calling Eric at The Shark Reef. He usually gets in 4" size colony's... and if I remember correctly, he mentioned he was due in a shimpent today of corals. Not sure if this was his LPS/Softie Shipment... or if he got in any SPS's... but would be worth the phone call.
Im always interested in finding new better LFS. Where is the Shark Reef?

how do i get in touch with the person that is selling acros out of their tank?

Also thanks for the shark reef that is a new one for me...

Back