Where there was one

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

fulkerl

Where there was one now there are three. My rbta got quite large, around 16 inches or bigger.
It split into three parts, all are looking good and have started to come out. I was curious as to how
often they will split more then once and what is the most they have split at one time.

hahaha from a few months ago, i had 1... i now have 5. one the size of a quarter fully opened.

I've got two friends who's rbta's also split recently. Must be something in the air. :screwy:

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

Sigh... What to do with all these RBTA's.?.? Let's hope there's enough space in the tank later. I love nems but fear the movement and chaos they could potentially cause later.

I started with 1 and now have 9 very large ones...

depends of water conditions and lighting...

if you haven't read Karen's web page on how to care for them, etc.., it is worth the read:

http://karensroseanemones.net/

This is one of yours from a couple years back. It get nice and big before it splits every year and a half.
This is the first one that I have heard of splitting I to three pieces at one splitting.

Sigh... What to do with all these RBTA's.?.? Let's hope there's enough space in the tank later. I love nems but fear the movement and chaos they could potentially cause later.

Mine get so large that three would take over my tank

fulkeri,

ahhh yes..I remember you...glad to hear it is doing well..

well, Ive given 4-5 out and STILL have 9 left...they keep splitting..at least they stay in one place.

Yes they do stay in one place. But splitting into thirds I'll be up to nine in no time :)

Back