Where To Buy Frags?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

SALTYDAWGY

I recently started up a small office reef tank (10 gallon acylic) I am looking for some good sites to order frags at a reasonable price. I would really like to order some sort of package where you pay $100 and get to choose 7-10 different frags. Can anyone point me in a good direction???

I would try seacrop.com. You can do a nano package(no choice) of 12 for $75. Or you can pick and choose your own.
I have gotten fragpacks from mary before and she is excellant to deal with!

Great Thanks for all the feedback. One more thing. What is everyone's take on a 12K bulb for a small reef. The bulb is a 65 wat PC on the 10 Gal. Is this doable for Soft Corals.

What about www.garf.org? They have a sweet deal on aquacultured frags 7 SPS/Softy mix for 100.00 plus shipping cost. This frag pack can be tailored to your tanks specific set up if you call and give them the info they need they will gladly choose 7 frags just for your tank! They are small frags, but will grow really fast, and you can usually get a couple of really choice unusually colored frags in the mix from time to time. Its kind of a luck of the draw though on that. I have gotten some really nice ones though from them.

Just another idea.....

That sounds like a good idea. I was looking around the garf site and did not realize that they sell frags. I will give them a ring. It just doesn't seem to make much sense to spend $50-$100 for one colony at the LFS when you can buy frags for 10-15 and grow your own. And if they die for some reason, at least your out a whole lot less.

Yeah its really easy to miss if you dont scroll down a bit and know what your looking for...

But do be warned they are small frags though, but at 15 bucks each what did you expect, right? But they are aquacultutred and will normally grow very well in an aquarium enviroment and some can be out right smoking hot looking frags while others are quite typical. Size wise they are about perfect for a nano tank, even after they get some growth on them!

I could be wrong but I think they are also giving a cuopon for 2 lbs of Grunge+ or some other little promotional they have going. In addition to frags their clean up critters are pretty good, they sell mangroves and macro-algae packages. The Garf Super Glue Gel is most highly recommended, I havent found anything that works better yet! If your doing some fragging might wanna try some on for size. Thier customer service is just about beyond reproach too, something you dont always get these days. Again their special is a mix of SPS/Softies and if your tank doesnt have the lighting and such to support the SPS corals I am sure you can have them hand pick a couple of substitutes out for you.

At any rate its an option and options are always a good thing to have...

(Man I almost sound like an employee that works there huh? But really I dont, I dont even get any kick backs or discounts for prostituting them all over the net, lol....)

Do let us know what you did and how well it worked out regardless of who you go through to get your fix...I have gotten about 6 of there 10 for 100.00 coral packs and I have yet to be disappointed, just wished they would offer a deal that sweet again!

Back