Where to buy Live Plants/Algae such as Ulva?????

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

lunchie

Just wondering if anyone out there has had any good experiences with buying live plants such as ulva or other forms of live algae via the internet. I ask because I bought some at a store but the store is over 2 hours away from my house and I was looking for a more convenient way to purchase it. My fish went nuts for it...and since it is natural I feel it is the healthiest thing for them to eat.

Thanks
Deb

Hey Deb - I have never ordered macroaglae online, but try Inland Aquatics. That is the one place I can think of off the top of my head. Here is a link to Inland Aquatics - Macroalgae page. Scroll down to Sea Lettuce/Ulva fasciata. They also have refugium Flora kits. Hope this helps!

I got some Ulva and tang heaven from ipsf.com, they arrived in good shape. Can't tell you if they give you more for the same buck since I never order from other places.

Check this out. I live in Florida and called them yesterday (they have a toll free number). They will do custom packages for you, also. I know several people who have ordered from them and were quite pleased. I'm going to call and place an order for my refugium.
http://www.floridapets.com/

Southern states get a discount on Shipping! $50 or more free shippping. <$50 she said around $10 for shipping. They're located in Cocoa, FL.

Teakie

FYI - FloridaPets.com

Just placed an order with FloridaPets. I got 3 baseball size portions of Chaeto for $10.49 ea. and 3 pkgs (100) of O'pods for $7.95 ea. Free shipping - the order was over $50 and they will be here tomorrow.

Will post and see if all is delivered as promised.

Teakie

I bought some beautiful red and green Gracilarias from Florida Aqua Farms. It arrived quickly and packaged professionally. I even contacted them several months later with a question on lighting and pigmentation and they were very helpful.

Back