Where to find bags for shipping livestock?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

mcoomer

Who's your daddy?!?
For those of you that ship corals, do you simply get your bags from the LFS? I need to get my hands on some. Also, best way to seal them to prevent leaks? Heat seal?

Thanks,
Mike

I'll check with Doris for now because I only need 3 but looks like ordering a carton isn't too expensive.

Thanks,
Mike

do you know where to get the alum bag tie. the think one like when you order commercial and they ship to you? We dont even know what to call it.

if you rubberband them and triple bag you dont need the metal bands. plus those are usually put on mechanically. I have shipped and recieved with the rubberbands and if they are bagged right there is not an issue with leaks. also check with your local store and see if they can order you a case. If they are nice enough they will sell it to you with no issues. If you were closer I could sell you one as I have a wholesale account with ANW.

Cool. Looks like I'll be able to get everything close to home then. Blue Sierra, Sports Authority, Home Depot, then home.

Mike

heat pack for shipping live animal and hand wormer is to different stuff
heat pack fpr live animal shipping is rate max 78 degree
hand warmer rate max 85 degree,,it will cook your corals in the box ,,just be carefull

Back