where to find nice zoas???

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

dlu

whats a good place or places to find some nice affordable zoas or frags? is ebay relyable or not, hope to hear from some of you!! thanks!

ive still nvr made it up there and every one says its the best shop in the area, i guess im just going to have to make the trip!!

Barrier Reef is one of the places where I do my shopping.
Also checkout Blue Serria and Saltwater City.
Both have had some amazing zoanthids in the past.

whats a good place or places to find some nice affordable zoas or frags? is ebay relyable or not, hope to hear from some of you!! thanks!

I second BR, the nicest I've seen for sale in the area where there.

There are also excellent deals to be found through these forums. Just keep an eye on the livestock section, they pop up rather frequently.

I've heard a number of people mention cherry corals, you might look into them, and ebay is as reliable as the seller. Many of the mega-sellers have thousands of feedback responses at around 100% satisfaction...that's about as safe as it gets. Overnight shipping can be a little pricey, so ebay works best if you're going to go in on several items from the same seller, and shipping works down to next to nothing if you can find a couple of people to go in on a group order at the same time.

well thank you for the feedback i try to watch the forums but am usually busy on a project or such.

I've reall cut back on my collection.

As posted by clevergeek, the for sale forum is a good place.
I just saw some great looking frags there last week.

It was actually just a joke saying you have NICE ZOOS
Sorry if you thought I was "pimping" your stuff!

Yes Barrier reef ahs some nice zoos!
Also try Indoor reef in tacoma sometimes he has some nice things?

It was actually just a joke saying you have NICE ZOOS
Sorry if you thought I was "pimping" your stuff!

Yes Barrier reef ahs some nice zoos!
Also try Indoor reef in tacoma sometimes he has some nice things?

No problem Adam.:D
Not having my zoanthid tank up is a little depressing:( and I still do have some nice stuff, but I'm not happy with the current situation.
But that will change.:D

Finn, you are and will always be the Zoanthid Guru....I'm sure you'll have it the way you want it soon!!!

Dlu, there's a lot of great Zoanthids available here on RF. Where do you live? If you do live in the Puget Sound area, there's several great LFS that have nice selections of Zoanthids as well. I have seen LOTS of nice stuff at Barrier Reef!!

Yes, Ebay can also be a good source, but use caution!! There are lots of great Ebay sellers out there, but there are also some very bad ones. I recently learned a hard lesson and fortunately, Paypal was able to stop payment and it didn't cost me any money...but it could have. If using Ebay, pay close attention to feedback of the sellers you're looking at. Also make sure you read the descriptions very well. Some can be pretty deceiving.

Another word of caution, don't give into the "Zoanthid Hype." Buy what you like. Don't let yourself be drawn into the craziness of the "Newest, Rarest and Coolest Zoanthid to hit the market!!" That's what causes Zoanthids that were actually pretty commonly traded a couple of years ago to sell for hundreds of dollars for a single polyp or two now. The "New Rare Purple Hornet" is a prime example. Soooo....buy what you like...not what everyone makes you think you just HAVE to have. This is true with all corals, but this hype is especially dominant with Zoanthids and Acans lately.

Last edited:
Finn, you are and will always be the Zoanthid Guru....I'm sure you'll have it the way you want it soon!!!

You should see salmonslayers stuff and wa corals and there are a bunch others that really have zoanthid gardens.

I also see you answering peoples questions when they are having problems,
(with zoanthids) and when you are done, I have very little to add.

Zoanthids were once considered one of the easiest to keep of the soft corals, but we found out that they have a few problems associated with them.:eek:
But with you, and the other zoanthid keepers here on RF it's getting easier.:D

I got the bug too and you two have helped WORLDS more than any other crappy site!
I used to go to MONSTER FISH KEEPERs and fight with those idiots about everything saltwater
They belive if your tank is smaller than 100 gallons you don't belong on the site at all!
Then KRISFAL told me to come here,
The rest they say is history!

Totallyexoticcorals.com has a nice selection of zoas for reasonable prices. I got a few zoa colonies and an acan from them last week and all were carefully packed and arrived in great shape, although the darned rainbow acan was much larger than advertised on their website ! :D

Zoanthids that were actually pretty commonly traded a couple of years ago

Actualllllyyyy...... .many of us used to chisel them off the rock and throw in the trash 'cause the blasted things kept crawling up and killing the sps we valued. Of course, we didn't have the Kelvin spectrum that we do now, and really never looked at the cool colors. As a result, "cool" stuff rarely came in.

Ok, throw me in the dungeon :)

Back