Where to get Base Rock?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Pre cycled doesn't mean anything. It's completely dead rock devoid of anything. You'll still have to cycle the tank once you get it if that's all the rock you're getting. In this case it's not so you wouldn't have to worry about it. Personally I would go with the stuff from bulk reef supply. I've bought quite a bit from them and the customer service and shipping is great. Order it early and they ship the same day vs 24-48hrs later. Also, if you're a preferred customer, you get an extra 5% off.

gotfish,

did you get the EcoRox Shelf Rock, or the Fiji rock?? the fiji rock is out of stock with no ETA, but as far as I can tell, fiji rock is dried rock from the ocean AND EcoRox Shelf is man-made..

is one better than the other??

Sorry for the misunderstanding, I've never bought rock from them. I've just bought a lot of pumps, lights, bulk dry goods and the like. If it's in stock though, it ships quickly. Also, the times I've e-mailed them, it's always been a prompt reply.

great thread! we were wondering about this too and tagged along. we went w/ the marco fiji rocks. fyi: as of right now there is only 1 40 lbs box of fiji rock left.

OK, here is a compile of prices of 100 lbs base dry rock..prices include shipping cost:

MarcoRocks (Key Largo)--238 + 3 (box fee) + 15 (flat rate) = 256

BulkReefSupply----229 + 59.72 = 288.72

TampaBaySaltwater--150 + 86.98= 236.98

Back