Where to get Food Grade 55 gal Water Container - Spokane

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

The lids are plastic and have a rubber seal. The metal locking ring goes on the outside of the barrel and lid. No exposure to the water at all. And there is a nice seal between the barrel and lid with the ring on.

Brandy

Hello,
The used ones that have had food in them will be fine even if they smell like pickles, jalapenos etc. I have customers that have used them for years without any problems. The odor doesn't get into the water. Either the red barrels with the screw-on lid or the blue ones will be fine.

Regards,
Kevin
PS: For new ones, Big R has polypropylene ones for water storage for animals but they will be more expensive.

Does anyone know where someone could get these on the other side of the state? I would love to get one for water storage.

Thanks,
Tom

Brandy,

Both of my 55gallon drums that I have were purchased from an Army Supply center in Lynnwood, WA. I think I paid around $20 for each of them. The only complaint I have is that they smelled like Pepsi and had to clean them with vinegar and water alot. I didn't know about the bleach treat or I would have done that too.

Here is a pic of them:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/7329275@N05/595986484/

Brandy,

Both of my 55gallon drums that I have were purchased from an Army Supply center in Lynnwood, WA. I think I paid around $20 for each of them. The only complaint I have is that they smelled like Pepsi and had to clean them with vinegar and water alot. I didn't know about the bleach treat or I would have done that too.

Here is a pic of them:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/7329275@N05/595986484/

great, thanks kirk!

Tom

Tom,

How are the cinnamon clownfish doing that you got from me last weekend??

Kirk

Earthworks on Napa
just under 30 bucks, 55 gallon brown w/ screwon black plastic lid, used to import black olives. Nice looking barrel, added spicket and toiltet flowt to insure no spill over. Nice a constant supply of rodi water.

RODI Storage for under $200.00

DSCN2524.JPG

DSCN2523.JPG

Last edited:
Back