Which controller to buy?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

I'm going to call them now. I'm kind of excited about this apex controller. I think I'm going to get it. I'm also going to find out if it comes with computer software to run it (I saw the software selling for $80 buck on ebay, I'd assume its included.)

Anyway, been reading a lot, and it seems the neptune apex is the thing to get.

rob

OK, just called. The vtech is an external module that you have to buy, nothing to wait on. There will be no changes to the 'brain' unit.

There is no software, the software I saw on ebay was for the older controllers, the apex is controlled just through the web server.

Think I might order one of these bad boys tonight. A bit expensive, but seems like something I'm going to be getting eventually, so might as well get it now while I'm still building up the system

rob

Just read the Instruction manual and the pumps have to be 12V as the instructions state;

"The Apex base module has 4 built-in variable speed output ports which can be used to control many different
types of 0-10V compatible devices."

FYI Digital Aquatics is working on a Tunze controller module. Also, their NET module now works on the Reef Keeper Lite (used to only work on the Elite). I have a RKL with NET module. I wrote an application to parse the XML from the NET module and generate the image in my sig, but most people use the sig generator on Reef Chat for that. Although the NET module is not wireless, I've plugged it into a wireless bridge, which connects wirelessly to my router so I don't have to have a cord draped across the living room. I also plugged my Internet camera into the same device and it works great.

Back