Which light should I get?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Hey,

If you are going to go with VHO in a retro fit you should absolutely check out "Aquabrite" lamps 36" (actual 33.5) 48" (actual 46.5) will actually fit in your hood without cramming wires on your stand-offs. They are also in my opinion and others much better bulbs than say URI and others plus cheaper at least through Kelsun Dist in Bellevue

Todd

I have the current 8x54 and it is a great light on my 75g and I have seen successful 125g tanks with those lights, but if you are on a budget you should check out other options, and definitely shop around, have you checked Equipment. If I had to buy lights again I would probably go with a M.H t5 combo have you seen a light called fish need it I hear good reviews except it dose not have fans.

with low funds i agree with the folks who stated that you should go with retrofit because then you have the opportunity to upgrade later without having to sell your current setup. also, if you diligent about looking on forums and/or craigslist you can find something used for cheap as well, especially if you are going for a 4 bulb set up.

Back