white sebae anemone

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

fulkerl

Just got a white sebae anemone with purple tips and got him in my tank. Went on line to to read about him and to my surprise I found out that white is a bad color for him. I read that to keep him under good lighting and feed him well. He is under 250mh lights and has eaten a little bigger than a pea size pice of shrimp tonight. How much should I feed him and what else should I do for him? Thanks Larry

You'll want to feed him smaller portions more often and work back up to larger pieces. I would guess around 4 times a week if he'll take it.

the white is a sign of under lighting exposure for some time.. the tips being purple means ready for food... you should feed it, it could take some months of proper lighting and good food till it comes back to normal health... but asumeing that its sticky and its eating you should be fine (granted you tanks in proper condition)

Well he had some more shrimp again last night and looks to be happy. My Wife is alittle upset. She only let me get it becuase it was so pretty, all white with purple tips. She'll get over it:)

It's a great anemone for the reef tank, it's not very noxious to neighboring corals, doesn't grow downright huge, and doesn't split every few months like a RBTA. Keep the water clean, lights good and well fed and you will have a nice happy pet. I love mine, I've had it for about 3 years, and it's been on the same rock, even while in a Rubbermaid for two days during a tank move, funny enough, the cinnamon clown was in there too...

I had one but after getting him I notice the same thing that white was a bad color tan to brownish was the right color but I could not keep it in one spot, becouse if it is not happy were it is, it will move until its happy and I had a 34 gal with lots of coral and I did not want to move my glued down coral, so I gave it to a friend that still has him, and he is the size of a softball and tan color.

Thanks guys for all the help. My anemone ate again tonight and he is taking it more aggressively now. I believe he is going to be just fine. Thanks Larry

Back