Who are you? Here is me ;)

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

I was born and raised in Mexico, but came to Chicago about 25 years a go, lived on the south side of Chi-town and some suburbs (Aurora, Clerendon Hills), so I am a huge Bears and White Soxs fan. When I married my wife I went to live to Merrillville Indiana, then just last summer came to Arizona.

I also notice Krish has a Chicago Bulls sign on the wall! very cool. I like that!

Yea Gaby, I am mexican but GO BEARS!!

I also notice Krish has a Chicago Bulls sign on the wall! very cool. I like that!

I do??? Must be in my first picture I posted here which was taken in my cousins house(LOL) That works for me as well though...:)

I just found this thread. Hi all! Nice to see faces, some of which I recognize. Here's a couple pics. One of me a couple years ago checking out the live rock in hawaii (wish I coulda brought some home) and one of me and my fiance. She doesn't get the whole fascination with reefs but she pretends to be interested:)

Cy

was born and raised in Mexico, but came to Chicago about 25 years a go, lived on the south side of Chi-town and some suburbs (Aurora, Clerendon Hills), so I am a huge Bears and White Soxs fan. When I married my wife I went to live to Merrillville Indiana, then just last summer came to Arizona.

you're mexican !! AWESOME !! :D .
it always makes me happy to know there's brothers and sisters in this hobby :) .

One of me a couple years ago checking out the live rock in hawaii (wish I coulda brought some home)

so then how come you have some on your hands :D :lol:

spongebob lover said:
you're mexican !! AWESOME !! :D .
it always makes me happy to know there's brothers and sisters in this hobby :) .

so then how come you have some on your hands :D :lol:

It was hard to put it back...trust me.

Nice shots everyone, except for you Bears fan, and im not kidding (yes i am). everyone knows old Brad Johnson is going to do the same thing he did in Tampa, prove all you haters wrong!

Last edited:
barrierreefcf said:
I just found this thread. Hi all! Nice to see faces, some of which I recognize. Here's a couple pics. One of me a couple years ago checking out the live rock in hawaii (wish I coulda brought some home) and one of me and my fiance. She doesn't get the whole fascination with reefs but she pretends to be interested:)

Cy

Isn't it interesting we think about our reef tanks even while on vacation?
I bet it was hard to leave the rock in the water for you. I like to go to Hawai myself.

I love the Bears fans!!! I was born and raised in a south side 'burb....and was raised to know only one football team and one baseball team (Bears and Sox)!!! I'm passing it onto my little one.

Keep the mugshots coming! Its great to put faces to names!

Little Luey said:
I was born and raised in Mexico, but came to Chicago about 25 years a go, lived on the south side of Chi-town and some suburbs (Aurora, Clerendon Hills), so I am a huge Bears and White Soxs fan. When I married my wife I went to live to Merrillville Indiana, then just last summer came to Arizona.

Lue
Very cool bro. I grew up Merriville area, and then left for the Army, Retired in Arizona, Lived in Chandler, Then went back to Chicago worked on 154 th street by Ohara, Now Iam Michigan, but soon moving back to Az, Kids and Dad are still there. But very cool, Glad to know bear FANS EXIST HERE.

Glad to meet all of you guys!
There are afew Bears fans here in the company I work for because it actually started in West Chicago, Il. I also worked for them when I was a teenager and now I am back. We are planing on going to the Cardinals-Bears game this coming season.

Cy I really like the pile of leaves you are behind. are you going t the next months meeting acrossed the water?

Brad,
I am actually trying to hide my ugly mug behind those leaves. Didn't work though did it. How ya been man. Still hoopin? I'm gonna try to make the June meeting but I'm not sure. July for sure though. Hope to see you soon!

Little Luey said:
Glad to meet all of you guys!
There are afew Bears fans here in the company I work for because it actually started in West Chicago, Il. I also worked for them when I was a teenager and now I am back. We are planing on going to the Cardinals-Bears game this coming season.

Born and raised in Mt. Prospect. Go Bears..............................................and cubbies:D :D

Its amazing how many bears fan you see now, but how you didnt see any two years ago, huh. Hope that bandwagon doesnt tip over

Now Everyones a Sox fan too.

Just Kidding,
Jiddy

I jumped off the Bears wagon back in 86. Baseball makes me want to take a nap so I wont be jumping on the Sox wagon either :)

Jiddy said:
Its amazing how many bears fan you see now, but how you didnt see any two years ago, huh. Hope that bandwagon doesnt tip over

Now Everyones a Sox fan too.

Just Kidding,
Jiddy

Yea those are the fair weather fans.
Me, I have been a Bears fan since before coming to the USA, there was only 2 TV channes back in Mexico and on sunday one would show AFC and the other NFC games, I always love to see the NFC and the Bears. Even when they sucked I like them. It is like being in love, you cannot change how you feel, you just have your team. As far as the White Soxs, I had been to both ball parks in Chicago and found the Old Comiskey park so nice and fan friendly, loved to go eat at the concession stand by the outfield were you could see the game ground level. Hated the new stadium when it first opened.
So I have been rooting for those teams for over 20 years. Believe me I have seen bad times also. They just happened to be up now.

Last edited:
Lue you had it easy. I been fan since I was a toddler. I just had to get used to to my dad turning off the TV when the Bears did bad. Which was alot. But if you ever seen my office you would understand. Its covered in Bears stuff. I even have the 85 Lithograph set in frames on the walls, let alone the Pilsner glasses. LOL Anyway glad to know there are so many Bears fans here. I love em, and will never change my colors.

Reefdaddy1 said:
I love em, and will never change my colors.

I can identify with that, here in Yuma everyone is a Charger fan end we, Bears or any outsider, get the short end of the stick. But you got to love it, I have seen more fights because of football than someone insulting someones mother. Not saying is right, just the way the cookie crumbles I guess.

I am also glad to see a sponsor that actually gets involved with what's going on in the forum not just selling stuff. That's cool.

Reefdaddy1 said:
Lue you had it easy. I been fan since I was a toddler. I just had to get used to to my dad turning off the TV when the Bears did bad. Which was alot. But if you ever seen my office you would understand. Its covered in Bears stuff. I even have the 85 Lithograph set in frames on the walls, let alone the Pilsner glasses. LOL Anyway glad to know there are so many Bears fans here. I love em, and will never change my colors.

OMG - I almost fell out of my chair from laughing so hard. My dad turned the TV off, too!! Then when the remote controls came out, he would hit mute first....then turn off the TV if it got worse. Somehow that practice rubbed off on me. As if muting the announcers makes the game any easier :lol:

Jiddy - no fair weather fan here (unless I'm talking Colts, I guess)....I was born and raised Bears and White Sox...I know no other teams. Fortunately, for my dad, he was able to see the White Sox in the first game of the World Series. That was the ultimate for him. When my little one was born....the first gift my dad brought for her was a pair of little socks that said SOX in pink on the side. Too cute.

Back