Who Has a MR1 Skimmer?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

mdbv25

Or any of the MR series.. I have a question, mine is in the sump. When you put the skimmer in the sump, do you leave it empty and let it fill istself up with water? The reason I'm asking is that when I turn it on it's suppose to only be 1 or 2'' above the black box, mine is about 6''. the gang valve is open all the way and the air valves are closed.

Michael :confused:

I've never used a MR skimmer, but are you using the recommended pump for it? Also, is the gate valve above water level as I know some skimmers that use gate valves to control the water height are supposed to be elevated above the water level like the AquaC's, but not sure for yours. Just a thought...Here's a bump incase someone else is familiar with your skimmer. Good luck!:)

What pump are you using to run the skimmer? How deep of water is it sitting in? Is there any way you can get a picture of how it is setup?

Brian

Skimmer

I'm using a Mag9.5 , It calls for a Mag12 , I'm using what I have for now.. I really didn't think that there was much difference in the two pumps. I don't know how to put pics up yet, I did take it out of the sump and tried operating it, but it still doing the same thing....rising to the top near the collection cup. I know when I plug the hole on the collection cup the level goes down. I'm going to try to take a pic and post it . (it may take a week or so)

I would check to make sure that the gate valve is opening all the way. Look through the hole and make sure that it is all the way open. A mag 9.5 should not get close to the level you are saying with the valve all the way open and the skimmer out of the sump. Its possible it is just a bad gate valve. The mag 9.5 is probably a little underpowered for that skimmer. You may want to check out this thread. With the smaller pump you may get better results.

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=958085

If it is not the gate valve you might want to give andy a call. Here is a link to the website and the phone # (678) 407-3773. www.myreefcreations.com
They are closed friday-sunday

Brian

Appreciate the link.... I'm not sure what's going on, The gate valve is open all the way.. I'll have to give them a call.

thanks for the help :)

Back