Who here is NOT from the Pacific Northwest?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

I used to live in Mississauga. Meadowvale to be excact. Moved to Streetsville, then to Erindale, Port Credit, Etobicoke. Now I am in Newmarket. Thats where I will stay. I love it up here.

What Village you reffering to? West end? Erin Mills, Oakville? Maybe I am forgetting something. Help me out here hehe

Cool! I used to play darts at O'Tooles when they were still around on Mississauga Road beside Burger Krap there. I stayed away from Streets though, thats where my perants hung out lol. Well that and Butt Rettlers in Meadowvale.

aquariumdebacle said:
The site was started a few years ago, (MtnDewMan and Mojo doing a lot of the work) as the website for the local reefer club, PSAS, it soon grew out-of-control and they split it off to add the other clubs and make it less local. The links to the other sites have been paying off and more and more people from outside the area have been jumping onboard. the library and article references have been thoroughly added with the associated authors permissions, same goes for all photos referenced.

Just an FYI here ...

Reef Frontiers was created from scratch with a vision that Mike and I had. It was not created from a club site but completely separate with a vision in mind (but yes, I agree, the original membership was predominately Northwest based because of the club here, but PSAS was and is a completely separate entity). We did bring in club forums (and still do for any club that would like to have their own forum here) into this site as part of our vision as well as the fish library, the coral library, the resource library and everything else you see here. Our planned vision was to make this a community for anyone and everyone that wants to join and I believe our vision is being met and exceeded. We are not a Pacific Northwest Site, we are a worldwide site, that's the way we are and want to remain. I love this place :D

Hope this helps clear things up a bit.

So, how many of us are from "somewhere else". Besides
krish, I mean.

LOL...Yeah, I'm the only Bahamian here I think. I think it's a good thing though because you guys might not understand some of the others when they start to typ the way they speak...Saying things like "dis" and "dat" (LOL). Cool thread Rob...Now stop stalling and get that tank of yours setup!(LOL)

Yes they do, but they are hard to find. if you want them just buy a bottle of black nail polish and pain them, Nail Polish is great enamel.

Edit: the washers that is

Last edited:
Madison, Wisconsin :)

While many here are from the northwest, I've always felt completely welcomed ... good people, wherever they may live.

MtnDewMan said:
Do they make black lock washers???

Hey Chuck, when mine comes in(hopefully this week) I'll match up some nice washers for the both of us and send you a set. I work for Land Rover, so I have a great selection of black hardware here at work. I'll let you know...

And what a GREAT response to this thread! I love it. Thanks everyone!!!:)

Rob

Back