who makes custom made glass tank in the area?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

luisse25

anyone knows who makes custom made glass rimless tank in the area?
im planning to do an upgrade and im looking to get a custom made starphire glass tank rimless...
please help or let me know where to get it thanks

i already check glasscages.com..

find someone who has an account with A.G.E. (acrylic and glass exhibits)
whatever you do don't use Glasscages...
maybe ARSA?

Last edited:
I had bad experiences with them also. It was a hood not a tank but i wasn't happy with the customer service and the craftsmanship needed modding.

as far as glass cages is concerned, they have quite possibly the worst customer service. When I placed the order, you would have thought I was asking them to do brain surgery when I asked to move the location of the overflows, then it took nearly 2 months longer then they said it would take, then it was "shipped" however the tracking number was bunk and when I did finally get that straightened out they admitted to basically giving it to me to shut me up. Upon arrival they decided to strap the styrofoam around it with a metal strap, which resulted in some awesome chips on both sides of the front panel. They'd fix it for free if i shipped it back (which I was going to have to pay for to the tune of an additional 700), their warranty starts when the tank is built not received so by the time I had got it, the tank had a little less then a month on the warranty. The build looked like some glue sniffer did the silicon job. I spent several hours scraping the excess silicon from the front panel and along the top of the side panels

Last edited:
other then that the tank is great....oh yeah and the covers for the overflow boxes were a joke, i think my 3 year old could have made cleaner looking covers. All and all i would never work with them again...jmo

find someone who has an account with A.G.E. (acrylic and glass exhibits)
whatever you do don't use Glasscages...
maybe ARSA?

I had a great experince with Glasscages. Still have my 240 and love it after 4 years now.
When you pay for budget you get budget.
I have a very solidly built tank, nothing fancy.
My dealings with Tom (owner) were very professional and had no problems at all.
If I ever decide to buy a new tank, they are the first call I will make.
Too bad they are so far away, shipping is a deal killer unless they make a westcoast swing with the truck.

other then that the tank is great....oh yeah and the covers for the overflow boxes were a joke, i think my 3 year old could have made cleaner looking covers.

I totally agree with you on that.
I ended up have Jason at CFI make new ones.
I also picked up 2 acrylic tanks they built for another local reefer.
I was actually embarrased to give them to him. They were really bad.

ok i decided to just let matt@cfi do my tank....i will just go ahead and get an acrylic because i forgot my son always throw stuff and glass is not a good idea...plus i need the tank asap:D

and matt gives 5 year warranty and he's just around the area...

base on my research about glasscages,,,theres really a lot of bad feedback...and i dont wanna deal with that:):oops:

thanks everyone for the info...i really really appreciate it:)

I can't wait to have Matt build my tank! :d
Matt built my 240 cube and I love it. Great craftsmanship and design. He's building me a custom Skimmer as well it's going to be way more than I need but better bigger than not big enough

Back