Who makes the best all in one tank...

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

idgy

Red Sea? JBJ? One is 34G and the other 28G.

Or is there another brand that is better?

I have seen the best success with the RSM system. The InTank Media Baskets media basket is made for it and the best replacement filter for it. I would go that way if I was getting into a nano. ( honestly, I would just build my own all in one)

Elos is the best I have seen if you have the money for it.

What do you think of the JBJ cube with the professional LED lights? Still stick with RSM?

Thanks.

I didn't talk about it because I don't like there design. They are hot boxes just waiting to crash. The filtration system is poorly designed and hard to maintain. That's why I linked you to the media basket. Fits right in the RSM and pulls out easy for cleaning.

As with all nano's, you need to skip the idea of a skimmer and focus on carbon/media filtration and husbandry for long term success. Lot's of water changes and temperature control.

I'm not a big fan of the bent front corners either. Hard to maintain, scratch easy and distorts the view.

Frank

I have an Elos nano and love the way it looks but didn't like the sump and skimmer and ended up replacing them.

The sump is too small with funky little chambers barely big enough for the return, skimmer and chiller pumps. The Elos skimmer performed poorly.

I replaced the sump with a 20 gallon tank and kept the live rock. I replaced the skimmer with a SWC 120 which had too big a footprint for the old Elos sump.

NOW I love my Elos nano.

I have to agree with Frankie,
I dont think the skimmer in a Nano is as important as the media.
IMO I would spend a little more and design an AIO and either build it myself or have it built.
If you were to use a 40 br and section it off you could even save money and have a better working AIO

Solana is avery cool looking tank. My LFS has one on display. The only issue I have with it is the pendant light stand. Major trouble waiting to happen. If you go that route then be sure to drill a hole through the stand pipe and bolt it. The way they have it the pipe can slip dropping the MH into the display tank :O

Back