Who Says You Shouldn't Add Copper....

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

reefland.com

copperband.jpg

Let's see those copperbands! :D

Nice fish! I've always loved them, but have never seen that particular species here in the Bahamas..Just the 4 eye, reef butterfly and bandit (if that's their proper names (LOL)). Also, I've heard they don't do quite well in tanks. I would assume that is a shot of your tank...Right? If so, you might as well stop teasing and post a picture of the whole thing(LOL) I'm a photo freak!

HA HA HA Man for a minute i thought you were drinking your reef water! Dont have one if i did i'd post it.

Nice looking fish Scott!!!

My current copperband, about 6 weeks in my tank, however I have yet to see him eat anything I feed the tank :(

10-06-05_copperband.jpg

My copperband I had a few years ago ...

01-27-03_copperband_being_handfed.jpg

i just got a new copperband and so far he is eating mysis, brine ill post pics soon.

I had 2 CBB's for several months with no problems... I ended up trading the smaller one to a local reefer with a 420 gal tank. Both got along fine and ate mush like pigs.

61Fantasia_Bingo.JPG

Those have to be one of my favorite looking fish. I will get a bigger tank one day to support one of those for sure.

Chuck, have you tried live mysis, and or fresh manilla clam?

Maybe it's just gorging down on your duster worms for the moment.

Hope she starts eating Chuck.

- Ilham

I am going to try some manilla clams tonight. I am sure the live mysis will get eaten by other tank mates far sooner than the copperband could get to them. Where do you get them by the way?

You usually have them propagate themselves in the low flow sump/refugium in LR rubble. Very cool live foods to have.

Brine shrimp will have a similar feeding response, but for some reason the mysis 'swim' differently than the brine, and the mysis is much more nutritious.

- Ilham

Wlel actually....it probably is true taht you will not have any live mysis Chuck. I just remembered about your GSM clown pair down there. They're probably having a good time :)

- Ilham

Back