Who stocks Giesemann bulbs in the south end?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

E

eww

As the title says... Anyone know if anyone stocks these in the Tacoma area? I know BRA has them and Blue Sierra but anyone further south?

I called Indoor Reef, Aquarium Paradise, Wildside, Tropical Fish World in Sumner. None of them stock any Giesemann bulbs. We are looking for an Actinic+ blue bulb.

I believe it was Paul who answered the phone but I don't know for sure.

He must be out then. He did say he would get some in at the end of the week.
We did just order from BRS but we got the wrong bulb, my mistake. We got Aquablue+ instead of Actinic+. Now we have about 3-4 extra virtually brand new Aquablue+'s. :) For temporary I stuck an extra UV Actinic 03 in there that we had laying around. I think we are just going to go up to BRA today and get the right one. The color we have now is just not right. It's way to pink without the 2nd blue bulb.

Adam will this be the same or really close?

Giesemann Actinic+ (blue)
Giesemann Pure Actinic
KZ Fiji Purple

We have a lot of these bulbs except one Actinic+ and that's what we are looking to get right now.

He must be out then. He did say he would get some in at the end of the week.
We did just order from BRS but we got the wrong bulb, my mistake. We got Aquablue+ instead of Actinic+. Now we have about 3-4 extra virtually brand new Aquablue+'s. :) For temporary I stuck an extra UV Actinic 03 in there that we had laying around. I think we are just going to go up to BRA today and get the right one. The color we have now is just not right. It's way to pink without the 2nd blue bulb.

but didnt you get ATI aquablue+ ("blue+") bulbs?!?!

ATI blue+
UVL Super actinic
ATI Blue +
Fiji Purple/ATI Purple Plus

Adam you aren't running these are you? I thought you only had t5 for actinic supplement to your halides? I would be curious to see what this would look like accurately as I am about to need the "perfect" color combo with my setup. Or is this on your new tank?

jno I'm ordering two ATI blue +for crystals tank right now we have two coralvue actinics (true) and one giessman true actinic and one blue actinic its a little dim for my liking right now.

but didnt you get ATI aquablue+ ("blue+") bulbs?!?!

We only got one ATI Aquablue Special for BRS. It's virtually the same as the Giesemann Aquablue Plus.

We now have the combination of:

front to back
Giesemann Pure Actinic
KZ Fiji Purple

It's really blue and a lot of the colors are popping more. We will have to see how everything adapts and grows. We have several Giesemann Aquablue Plus bulbs and one ATI Aquablue Special bulb that we can swap in if we need or want more white light.

Oh man this color combination look great, escpecially if you like a blue hue and lots of color pop. The only thing I'm concerned with is the SPS. Will it do ok with not as much white light?

Oh man this color combination look great, escpecially if you like a blue hue and lots of color pop. The only thing I'm concerned with is the SPS. Will it do ok with not as much white light?

Your SPS will love it. The Actinic+ and Blue+ bulbs still produce PAR, as apposed to other Actinic bulbs that really don't produce much PAR. The Blue+ will produce more PAR than the Actinic+ though.

Back