WHOOT WHOOT! I did "SOMETHING" right!!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Myteemouse

NOTHING
For the first time ever (with this 4 month old tank) I finnaly got two weeks of good readings in my tests!!
NitrAt <5
NitrIte 0
Ph 8.2
Gravity .024
phosfates .5
Ammonia 0
calcium 480
Dkh 10-12
I love this stuff now!!!!
Was sweating the phosfates and nitrates for a while now!!

P.s. only one water change a week!!!

Glad to see you feel you are making head way with your tank! What kinds of livestock do you have in there are what equipment? What foods are you feeding? Are you using any additives?

Glad to see you feel you are making head way with your tank! What kinds of livestock do you have in there are what equipment? What foods are you feeding? Are you using any additives?
29 gallon with 8 gallon sump/refuge with DSB and big (10"around and 4" tall) ball of cheto!
45 tottal lbs of live rock (about 8lbs in the sump)
a CPR bakpak2 skimmer
20lbs argonite sand B&W in DT

one 300 gph power head for flow
300 gph return pump from sump
Us all Seachum Advanced reef pack and reef esentels pack
feed PRIME REEF frozen twice a week
flakes algea flakes everyother with dry krill pellets
plus cormirco-vert twice a week (spot squirt)
Sechum REEF plus vitamin & amino supp... twice a week
plus everyother day I put a small squirt of "LIQUID LIFE" marine Plankton w/ cyclop-eeze!! (stays in the freezer) love the size of this one very microscopic pieces!

Stock=
one small yellow tang (soon to be in the 90 gallon)
one blue damsel 1 1/2 inch
a pair of PJ cardinals 1 1/2 inch
one cleaner shrimp
10-12 hermits (crabs)
10-12 snails

(and one rock crab I'm trying to trap)
one 10000k coral sun standard size 30" bulb
one 30" 24w T5 10000k
one 30" 24w T5 460nm actinic

Last edited:
Your tank is still really young so it will take another few months to really stabalize. I hated the first 6 months with my 125 when i set it up the first time. Always felt like i was doing something wrong but it all came togather. Just don't do what both of my friends did. They both just quit testing there water and started toping off with tap water. One tank completly crashed after about 9 months and the other partially went down killing some of his coral and fish. Patients is the ultimate key.

When you're trying to trap that rock crab, I'd try trapping that blue damsel too...lol. It's going to soon become the playground bully. Glad your seeing good results....stay patient and you'll have a tank to be proud of in no time!!! Well, not in "no time," but it'll happen.

the problem with that is my wife picked out that fish and she always picks "grumpy" fish!!
I'll be dumping it in about two-three months with the new tank setup!!

On the topic of trapping.

How do I capture a Watchman Goby ? I need to get that A-hole out of my tank. Too much rock in the way.

Back