Why didnt any one tell me......

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

as1720

Female Hermit crab
....that elos test kits are hard to do? Im blonde and i feel like it right now, so i did they pH ok easy, then a i do the nitrate ok a little harder but still easy, then i do the mag. hmm took me a minute but i got it, not sure i did it 100% right because my mag was only at 600-700, then i pull the calcium out of the box look at it and put it right back in the box. :p

Any one want to trade? :D Better yet come do it for me! :p

Felt like whining, i'll get used to em its just been a long day and these are a lot more complex then i expected, im use to the salifert test kits if that has anything to do with it. lol

Any one else shocked when they got there first elos test kits? I think when these are done i will go back to salifert they are much less complicated!

The kh test was pretty easy, that is as long as you can put water in a vile and drop another liquid into it. Just be glad you're a woman, you don't have to worry about being able to see the color change since very few women are color blind.

Thats the worst part for me is trying to figure out if its this color or that color! :lol:

Hmm i dont know about that! I guess just seeing how much they use each test and how small they are im afriend by the time i get the hang of it i will have to buy more!

yeah i just spent $120 on these darn kits and all have only been used once. Wata wanna buy them for?

Once you figure them out, Elos test kits are actually the easier ones. They have nice diagrams on them :D

Not the magnesium one. That's by far the most complicated test kit I have. Salifert's is much easier. Elos dKH test kit is very easy, I'll give you that. Calcium is nearly identical between Elos and Salifert.

Yeah i guess i just glanced at the intrustions and saw how long it was and just pout it away i did it today it wasnt that hard. lol

Gotfish im going to try to stick it out and use them.....I would buy them now though since the euro doller went up, the prices of test kits will be going up soon too if they have not already.

Back