why do leather corals - toadstools....

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

i don't get what you're trying to say but i think :p but your leather might be either splitting ( having a baby one) or it might be just getting rid of some tissue which they do every once in a while and then they go back to being normal.....other than that, i have no clue what you're trying to say :p :lol:

It is dead now. what it does is retract it's tentacles and goes smooth and flat stalk disappears goes flat then stays like that if you move or brush it , it just sort of crumbles away. I have had it happen to two toadstools but have another two which are fine

It is dead now. what it does is retract it's tentacles and goes smooth and flat stalk disappears goes flat then stays like that if you move or brush it , it just sort of crumbles away. I have had it happen to two toadstools but have another two which are fine

What other soft or LPS corals are in your tank? Anemones? Water measurements?

haqve two toadstools 3 x zoa's, green star poylp various mushrooms,
run fluval 404 with po4 remover and carbon
all para's within acceptable levels
Ammo<.25
nitrite- 0
nitrate- .10
ph -8.2
sg 1.025
temp 28.5

If all paras are in good shape, then you most likely have chemical warfare fatalities from the Green Star polyps. If you have a canister, run carbon and ensure the GSP is close to your sump intake or at least not near any powerheads or returns.

it seems like alot of folks lately have been having problems potentially from the gsp's.....i traded my huge colonies for sps frags..i kept one small colony in a tank with only shrooms and polyps..i will frag them from time to time

Just a update removed GSP from main Tank and touch wood everything seems to be fine now.
Thanks to everyone who replied to my query

Back