Why do they do this???

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

We have never had this type of turbo snail in this so it must have been a hitchhiker from the old 70 tank. If this if what they are then they are definitely not the problem.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

not a problem, actually good at eating algae..i just placed 40 turbos and 40 astrea snails in my tank yesterday...:)

joanne

does the hydrogen peroxide dip only work on zoas OR can u use it on LPS corals like brains, torches, hammers, etc..?

No idea - haven't had to try it - I generally grab the revive when I have an LPS going jelly on me - seems to work well.............

We did the Coral Rx dip this morning and moved them. We dipped a few others that have been struggling as well (RPE and HPE). The RPE's are mounted to a 2" x 3" or so rock. In the water after dipping the RPE's were a couple dozen of these tiny snails among other pods. They are a little bigger than a grain of sand and smaller. Anyone have an id? I will start looking at the data base but I thought I would post it here in case someone knows these as an immediate threat or not.

DSC_0511.jpg

Just make sure they don't look like these when they get bigger -
sundial.jpg
- bad bad sundial snail :)

What do you "feed" your zoas Mike? We have some of the stuff that Cherry Corals sells here somewhere. I think it's called Fauna Marin. I will have to look for it.
They will eat absolutely anything. The happiest and fastest growing zoas I ever had was when on the frag rack at top of tank in water stream, while feeding the tank Ocean Nutrition flake food. They seemed to double in count every couple months...

Those little snails are fine

Back