why dont we have a delete thread option? or a delete post option?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Nothing wrong with a post saying the items are sold.

Just offering suggestions. I kinda thought that was the purpose of a "Feedback & Suggestions" area.

It is, and I'm not singling anyone out for embaressment...

I'm just pointing out that its necessary for the Mods/Staff to get involved in every for sale thread. I thought everyone tried to avoid having "The Man" get involved in their business...

:lol:

Nick

I'm just pointing out that its necessary for the Mods/Staff to get involved in every for sale thread. I thought everyone tried to avoid having "The Man" get involved in their business...

Nick

Or perhaps allow the OP on a thread in those sections to edit the thread title. That way you can add a "Sold" to it. A few forums I belong to have that feature.

Actually, what I suggest would keep the mods/staff from having to touch each thread. The originator of the thread would have the ability to edit the title of the thread. Say changing "FS 40 breeder $100" to "**SOLD FS 40 breeder $100".

Right now if I see an item I'm interested in I open the thread only to find that the item is sold.

Would it be a panacea where everyone updated their thread titles when the items sold...nope. But, it might be a useful tool.

Ahh...I see. I honestly dont know if the edit option can be turned on solely for the title of thread. We'll see.

Nick

Nick

Since it was posted that the For sale forums are a large work load for the mods, I was just suggesting allowing the OP to be able to delete their for sale thread when the item was sold, making it one less thing the mods have to do.

Just trying to help ya'll have less work. ;)

Back