why your corals didn't show up on time....

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

BCT182

Ever notice if you buy online and the vender ships fedex, your corals and fish always show up around four days late and everythings dead? I think we now know why.....
fedex01.jpg

fedex02.jpg

fedex03.jpg

fedex04.jpg

fedex05.jpg

fedex06.jpg

fedex07.jpg

fedex08.jpg

fedex09.jpg

fedex010.jpg

It happens with all the carriers. I recently had 12 packages stuck in chehalis for over a week due to flooding. Last was stuff stuck in ca for and extra week due to the fires. Shipping seems to be a never ending battle. Sometime I think I'm better off just buying a carrier pigeon.

Don

Ship UPS for the Holidays!!!! Fedex destroyed an an entire box full of my colonies of corals over the summer.. they never even let me know.. i had to find out on my own!! I also work at UPS:D

Okay I was thinking about shipping up some frags from Portland.......now........ROAD TRIP!:)

of all the boxes that have some and gone for me.....fed ex has ONE time dropped the ball and it was because an airport was shut down.

UPS has screwed up 4 times and they have only been less than 10% I would guess of all the boxes that have come and gone.
The most classic was a box of fish from Marine depot a few years ago.....accidentally rerouted to Canada........in january. box O death I got the next day. Have you noticed that Marine depot ships fed ex now??

sorry UPS...you LOSE. I will only ship fed ex

funny pics though..........:)

Last edited:
Number of years ago I went to the FedEx distribution center to pick up a box of corals (better to pick up at the distribution center than have them sit on the truck for hours ...).

Anyway, the person working there goes in the back to get my box of corals. She brings it out and "thunks" it onto the counter with the very obvious "this side up" label pointing sideways. Wish I would have had my camera. If the people dealing with customers can't even be careful ...

Last edited:
What a wonderful reason to support your local fish/coral store! Plus you get an opportunity to get nose-to-glass with your new animal in advance of your buying decision.

Holiday Best to All,
Wil

Oh now you guys and girls....... We all make mistakes and as we all know corporations arent any better. Better just stick with frag trading, buying livestock from the LFS and let the shipping companies handle the dry goods which they would probably prefer anyway.

At least thats what I do.

I worked at UPS for a year or so while going to the UW. You'd be amazed if you actually saw how packages are handled from large ones to the "small sort" items that get loaded into packing bags. You are pushed to go so fast that the only thing you look for on the box is the shipping label so that you know what belt or sort bag to put the box into for its next destination.

In the time that I worked there, I never saw a live animal box come through. Maybe they actually deal with it in a separate area, but I doubt it. Now that I have animals, I think I would pay more attention for it. I never received any training regarding live animal packages.

I would think that this would be the same for all shipping companies.

i emailed doctor Foster and smith and told them, that i will no do any move biz with them unless they shiped with someone other then Fed Ex.

my fed Ex is really sad around these parts... they dont care about anything at all...
and the way they have there opperation setup and ran really sux...

now i know this is only regonal

but on the other hand my Ups driver Billy.... is the man,
they know me they know where i live.
they come at the same time every time,
and billy has my phone number, so if need be i told him to call if theres any prob's

Glad ups and fed ex don't ship PEOPLE!

i don't know doodette, i think it'd be a fun ride :D :lol: .

Oh now you guys and girls....... We all make mistakes and as we all know corporations arent any better. Better just stick with frag trading, buying livestock from the LFS and let the shipping companies handle the dry goods which they would probably prefer anyway.

At least thats what I do.

i agree dood, better going to the store than to on line even though sometimes they got good deals on stuff

at UPS,i always make sure the live stuff gets "special treatment"!!! i see Petsolutions and Live Aquaria boxes come through pretty often.. i always make sure they are handled with care!!!!!! also, if you get to know your driver, they will hook you up with early shipments!!;)

Back