WiKiDD'S 750lts QuEsT.

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

wikidd

Hi ReeFers,its been a week now since i joined reef frontiers,been browsing and getting new ideas from this great forum,as i already posted in my other post i am returning to the hobby in a short while as i will be moving to my new home,i know it wont be tomorrow but i will try to create a reef tank in my living room with the help of you from different ideas i might get and expert advice from you reefers,i consider myself as a reef enthusiast,been in the hobby almost 15 years but on and off,this next creation will try to be the best of my 15 years long tanks,i know it will take me some time to have the tank set up,cause in the meantime i have got many other things to buy for the place,but i started something out already,so the tank as sizes will be

Main Tank : 160cmx60cmx60cm 12mm glass with double sealing in and out,GERMAN made from woha aquarien (576lts)
Photo0240.jpg

Drawer Trickle/FUGE/SUMP 120cmx50cmx60cm  10mm glass double sealed,Woha Aquarien (170lts)
Photo0242.jpg

as i already told you the tank will hold approximately 750lts,it will be housed in my living room in a custom made stand and then will be then covered with gypsum boards to create a custom setup,

full_setup_render.jpg

tankstand1.jpg

THese are not my pics,they are just ideas of the stand i am working on tomorrow will post the pics of it as will check on my fabricator a dads friend and will take a couple of pics, the stand will be done of 40mmx40mm hollow section welded like the one in the pic.

THis is the place i am going to place it in my living room guys,dont mind the excessice light as there are still no blinds curtains or anything
Photo0249.jpg

Photo0248.jpg

as you can see in the pic i have made near the tank water supply for the ro feed and in the pic below i am installing more plugs knowing the heaps of equipment i will have
Photo0252.jpg

Photo0251.jpg

work in progress :))))by me and my dearest dad.

Photo0250.jpg

this is what it shall loook in the future.

Photo0247.jpg

Another view of the sump guys.

Ssssoooooo,the journey will begin,i know it will take a long journey guys and matbe somdays i wont keep posting regularly in the thread but the more help you will give with advice the more i will keep focused :)))

So first couple of questions guys
1;AS i am not intending to drill the main tank and sump cause it on guarantee for 5years,except to the ones i already got cause the tank has its drain and return already drilled at the back and the sump got also the holes drilled already in the sides and top,i wished to do some kind of closed loop system but again i am not intending to drill the tank for sure,do you think instead of the closed loop i can use a vortech mp40 or the mp60 for some good circulation

2;what return pump would you use for this kind of tank keeping in mind turnover rate and good filtration

3;as the equipment i have got from the other setups some of it i will have to change like the skimmer as the one i got was for 800lts i am opting for something better like 1000lts,what would you suggest,any concerns about the tmcv2 models,either them or a deltec

WELL guys sorry for this long post but i didnt now from where to start loool,hope you can help me with my journey :))

Us too. It's always interesting to see what people around the world are doing in the hobby.

SO guys as promised,today i went to the stand fabricator and things are getting into shape slowly,well knowing you like pics i took a couple with my mobile

Photo0257.jpg

Photo0255.jpg

Photo0254.jpg

Photo0253.jpg

Hope you enjoy,now we are working on the upper rack of the stand for the top up containers and extra equipment.

Looks like this will be an interesting build!! Tagging along!! :)

---
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back