Willing to pay to have some one set up my tank

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

I know you don't want to here this but reef tanks require matience especially new ones. As far as girls that are into reefing don't know of any. What your asking for is quite simple. Run bare bottom tank with nothing inside and no lights. LOL no just kidding. But seriously you just want to put rock work in the middle of the tank and put flow around it. Crushed coarl to stablize your ph a bit. A float switch, a pump , and some kind of containter to store your top off water in.

Perhaps I can explain this even though your a visual person.

So your tank has a little electrical switch just like a upsidedown light switch but the part you flip with your finger is fliped by a floating piece that turns the power on when the water volume drops and drops the floating piece. So water goes down and the pump turns on in the top off container. Water is pumped back into the display untill the level turns rises to the perfect spot triggering the pump to turn off.

so you need a bucket , pump , hose and a float switch. (even the float switch from home depot or boating store.

I have moved on! lol I am doing it all myself. I had three days spare time and ended up readng the whole time.

This is next to a 20 " tall sump!
You might want to add a T at the top to prevent back siphon:rolleyes:

Crushed coarl to stablize your ph a bit...
A common misconception going back to freshwater days. The PH that exists in reef tanks is kept well above what could dissolve crushed coral. Need a calcium reactor or denitrifier to accomplish that

Ohhhhhhh, here I was envisioning a creepy old guy :p
LO LOLOLOL, you must have been thinking about me:lol:

With reef tanks, unless you want to pay a maintenance company to make your tank look like a sterile Dr's office, need to learn the ropes and do it yourself. This is a great place to learn all the steps and ask ANY questions. A very rewarding experience

Hey Nicole, ask Gary about a trip to Ocean Shores and driving his Ford truck on the beach. I think he has had his fill of salt water.... literaly!

I have been doing it myself, but if i ever need some one to go to all the fish stores with i'll shoot you a PM, Nicole and we will make a day of it! lol

I have no friends lol! No really....... :D

Yeah if you are ever up in this area we will have to hit some of the LFS. Myteemouse is a very helpful guy and Crystal keeps him in check lol but if you ever need help those two are very helpful :)

I am still learning myself, but i would be more then willing to help. and if i have ?s i just ask Adam. I always ask if i don't think I am doing it right .

Back