Wireless Reef tank

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

reefreefer

I was thinking would it be possible to make a smaller 15ish gallon, "Full blown L.P.S or S.P.S tank?" I was wondering if any one has done this. I am thinking a new D.I.Y project, maybe, build 2 of every thing included in hardware, pump and lights for easy maintenance. Anyone ever see anything like this, I think it might be neat. I hate wires and having to hide them. I was thinking start small then maybe it will catch on. The only part I am worried about is a wireless heater don't know how to do that one. Since a little ice will chill a small tank, I wont need a chiller. At least not where I live now.

I have a 6.5 lps and sps tank but it is chock full o' wires... :) you can check the link in my sig for some pics and a shot of the back of my tank with all the wires. Not sure how you'd get enough flow and consistent heat/chilling without some sort of equip.

Wireless? how in the world do you plan on doing that? converting everything to run on batteries? It is actually quite simple to make your tank look wireless by designing it properly from the start...

I'll be tagging along on this one!

Cheers!
Matt

I agree on just finding ways to hide the wires. I wouldn't want to risk a batterie failure on the heater. Good luck though. Sounds like a great project and learning experience.

No, no batteries MAGNETIC PROPELLED GENERATOR this has to be totally 100% free no expensive batteries, I am researching small models now, but not finding anything I am probably going to have to miniaturize someone's design to my own scale. this would have to be built under the stand so any wires that I do have go to it, I wanted to learn more about these generators this seems to give me a reason. Pretty neat and the principal behind them seems logical. When I started this post I was thinking walk around tank without redoing any Electrical outlets to go underneath the tank. but at this point I will be happy if I can build a generator just for pumps and heater, then go bigger. if I keep it up like this Ill be done by the time some large company has a patient on it,if they don't already. Don't worry I wont just put coral in a goldfish bowl.

lot of experimenting needs to be done for this kind of model

wireless would mean to me wifi electric current sullied to frequency based program

which captures power to generate heat,kinetic energy,potential energy and wave lenght meters

very expensive and less durable

if you have lot money and time then only it will work

and you need skimmers,filters ,warm/cold heaters,pumps,lights,pumps total power needed =300+ watts

wireless max i heard was 150 watts that even very expensive
around 700$

you will need wireless power projectors

add 50$ for each equipment for wireless

why dont you make your wires come inside the stand and connect a extension wire corn inside your stand ...only two wires will be visible outside your tank

prety neat plus safe
no overflowing issues.....
small sps/lps tanks needs copeods,nanopods and other types of flying pods for them to eat
plus organic food

Cant see any wires on my 210................

How will you light it without having to hide wires? between that, a CL and a sump, alot of tanks have very few wires to contend with in open view. Anyway, I hope you enjoy your DIY project. Keep us up to date.

Last edited:
I have 5 power heads in my 270g but you can't see any wires in my tank. Well I take that back you can kind of see one of the wires from the Tunze on the far back right corner if you look hard enough.

y not just have a header tank and a sump...
have an overflow go from the header tank into the display (could use more than one drain and/or SCWDs) then from the display overflow into the sump w/ the heater and fans or a chiller...

GOTO: "http://thesea.org/" and look at the DIY wave makers and surge devices there. some are good ideas, but some are GREAT.

or set up the tank dry and run the power cords from the pumps/heater through 2" PVC pip and hide the pipe and/or wait for coraline to grown on it...

Yeah seems like I could spend my time (and money) on something more productive, and just hide every thing for now, wait till I'm rich and let some one else worry about this. This hobby is expensive enough. I guess I could just go into the wall that hides everything. thanks for following, not enough time or money for this project, but I did get some cool magnets and will be playing with those for now.

Back