working on new setup

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

afishyguy

So she said she wanted her living room (LR) back. WOW! Go figure. LOL. It wasn't a big deal really. But I do need to find a home for the 8' tank. I agreed that she should be able to have the LR all to herself. But that was not the case when she originally asked me to move the tank. Then it hit me. Oh yeah. I could get a new tank. So I went into my office (a.k.a. spare bedroom converted to an office) and began measuring and deciding what was necessary and what wasn't. Great. I had enough room for a 60"X36"X24" tank. That comes out to about 225 gallons. So, a quick call to Jason at CFI and it all started. When the tank got here, I began building the stand. At this moment, the set up is still in progress. That is, I still need to capture some critters in the old one, clean up a lot of wiring, and finish the lights. These pics don't show the tank with the full spectrum of lighting, but I will update it in a few days. As you can already see, the Elegance and the Duncan corals are happy in their new home. You have to love it when a plan works out.

Attachments

• IMG_0585.JPG
    IMG_0585.JPG
    96 KB
  • IMG_0558.JPG
    IMG_0558.JPG
    84.8 KB
  • IMG_0593.jpg
    IMG_0593.jpg
    45.9 KB
  • IMG_0595.jpg
    IMG_0595.jpg
    50.1 KB
Nice sized for a tank.

Not to be critical, but are the cinder blocks just a temporary stand?

mfinn. The blocks have been used for stands for years by many folks. I have used them since the 1970's. I will post a photo later that shows them totally encased in wood. You won't even know they are there. LOL

Back