worms?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

fish21

I can see little worms, wife can't see them, they must be smaller than one millimeter, clear and look like you can almost see through them. They move very fast and can be seen contrast against the algae on the rock and the finger leather. Can these cause harm to any of my corals? Do I need to treat my tank and get rid of them. If so what do I do?

hmmm.....hard to say. I don't think I can picture what they look like, but I can't think of anything harmful off the top of my head. Are they flat? My first thought was they are just pods. Do they appear to be damaging anything? How old is your tank?

Too small to see if they are flat, round or whatever. No damage that I can see so they must be pretty benign. My tank is only 3 months old. Had ich and the last fish died off about three weeks ago. After another week or so I will slowly start adding more fish again.

Worms?

My two cents........
Any chance they are not worms? Are you familiar with copepods ad the like? Sounds like small bugs. I have however seen tiny little inchworm things similar to your description. Can't remember what my friend call em tho. Hope this helps some......lol.

Back