would anyone wanna do a group led light build

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

saltytaste

ive been wanting to build a nano led light fixture for a little while im kinda a little over my head to do it alone but would like to try and get my hands dirty im mechanicly but not electricly inclind ... so anyone let me know if youd like to come over or have a group led build thanks im in auburn by the way thanks all

I'm for it, i'm looking at that direction down the road, plus i would like to FULLY understand the wiring and Do's and Don't of it. Let me know time and dates Thurs 6-10pm, Sat 2-6pm, and Sun 1-4pmdoesent work for me.

Dtech07

anyone else ... i was thinking of buying supplies from stevensleds.com 3w leds here in the next couple day .... anyone know the dif. from dif. 400s nm like 445nm and 460nm or even ultra violet .. and what ratio blue to white thanks .. im free any day after 2pm until 9pm

Stevesleds royal blue is aroun 24k color spectrum, its fairly purple.
I'm using a 2:1 ratio for blue:10k white, and mine looks like a 20k halide, so its pretty blue.

It all depends on what you want to do, plus if you have adjustable pots on there, you can change it to whatever color temperature you want.

ya thats kinda what im thinking im gonna try 7 blue and 5 white 3w bulbs i was woundering if i really need the optic lenses or not... think that would be a good setup for a 24 gal jbj nano cube ... so whats the shopping list ....

- heat sinks ... im gonna go to a computer junk yard and see what i can scrape up

- led drivers .... still not quite sure what these are but they sell them on the website and im sure i need them lol

- power supply i would think one of the universal computer power supplies would work but still looking into it..

- some solder and some 20 guage wire ...

that should do it then im just gonna screw it in my hood that is already fanned up

I'm looking at a 48in straight shot single bar of high white. I think from one of the threads i read it's 1 led for every 2 inches, and a gap of 4in in the center for the support beam. I'm looking at 20-22 and 4 of them being deep blue. Again i think i'm correct on how many i'll have to look back on a RF thread i read last week.

Dtech07

ya i read threw it too i wish i knew all he does .. well did he tell you where he got the supplies from and how much they were?

All together it has cost a little of 150.00 so far, not including shipping.

12X3w LED's Dimmable ballast 130.00 (rapidled.com)
Heatsink 20.00​

Hey guys, with heatsinks, the best ones are definitely at

Extruded Aluminum Heatsinks from HeatSinkUSA

Optic lenses are good if you're not putting them in a canopy of some sort, If you're just planning to hand a heatsink with LED's mounted on the underside of it, I suggest optics. They make for a much nicer look if looking from the side.

Anyone planning to build a LED array with only 5-6 LEDs or less, you shouldn't buy one of those drivers and etc, just go with a laptop power supply and some high powered pots.

http://www.amazon.com/Replacement-A...2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1298942060&sr=1-2

This is 18.5v and enough current to drive a ton of those LEDs.

FYI... I purchase my LED's and going to go for it. I have a little know how on this from past Army work. Hope it works out for you.

Dtech07

Back