Would you buy a Petco Fish?

• Yes, if it looked healthy enough

Votes: 25 58.1%
  • No, I would never buy from them

Votes: 18 41.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
the store i go to they have improved all of the people are now starting sw tanks so they will know more about how to care for the fish. this is petco alphretta, ga. so if u are in the neighbor hood i can come to the store and tell u who knows the things.

I bought a shrimp from the one in Longview but the guy who is working the tanks there keeps saltwater fish and is there full time and takes good care of there live stock. Needless to say my tank went on a downward sprial due to bad where here and my shrimp died.

I voted yes, but then when I read about the cyanide I would have said no. I know it's hard not to rescue the fish, but if they are buying nuked fish and we are buying from them, it only encourages the practice. If they die at the LFS, they take the loss and will eventually (hopefully) buy fish that are less at a risk for loss.

Having said that I have rescued fish from the LFS but didn't pay much for it, but spent a fortune at the vet getting it an antibiotic shot and antibiotics for treatment. I have also heard of a lady that rescues fish from some of her LFS, but they give them to her, she tries to save them, and then re-homes them if she can turn them around.

Even though this thread as been basically polite, it borders our user agreement rules & has been brought up, so we will close it at this time, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back