Wow! Didn't know it was this bad!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

07FocusST

I will keep this short.

I came home today and decided to finally scrape and clean my back wall on my 55G since I had time on hand. I have noticed Coraline algae and some green algae growing in areas where rock was resting on the glass and where I couldn't reach with my Mag-Float or Scraper.

Ended up picking up one rock then using a turkey baster to blow water thru all the tiny passages and to dust the rock off. It's amazing how much crap is hidden from eye sight. Then I used an old toothbrush to get the more stuborn stuff off then proceeded to finally clean off the back wall COMPLETELY!

Only problem now is that I have to rearrange the rock without crushing anyone or anything. My DT and Sump both look like a Dust/Poop/Detrius Bomb went off! I setup my external canister filter to help out with the cloudiness which seems to be working, but their is a bunch of tan colored crap all over my sand... Almost done.....

Just be watching out, sometimes you can get an ammonia spike if you kick up too much detritus depending on your system.

Back