WTB: Percs

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Jiddy

I am going to buy a pair of percs or ocell's, just wanted a recommendation on where to buy them? LFS isnt an option

Hey Jiddy! Guess who!?

I got my pair of True Perculas from reefermadness.us and couldn't be happier. The smaller of the two has very thick black banding, and the larger one is misbarred (three visible on one side, two on the other) overall really great shape and docile attitudes. Sort of pricey for t. percs, but great shape and very good customer service, threw in a freebie with my order.

The rest of my fish I've gotten from MDL and they've also been in pristine shape, and were all eating withing hours after acclimation. They always pick the healthiest of specimens. Will do business with them again.

Jason

Did you use me as a referral? You better have! LoL -JK- and who is MDL, see im lookin for a good cheap site, my LFS wants $40 a pop for percs

I didn't use you as a referral, I've been a member for a while, but more of an active lurker..LOL :lol:

MDL is Marine Depot Live great stuff and very reasonable prices.

Here's the direct link to MDL's percs: http://marinedepotlive.com/true-percula-clown---amphiprion-percula-fish--clowns.html $21

and now to RM percs: http://reefermadness.us/RMD-Amphiprion percula.htm $19

LiveAquaria.com is another good site, they carry both Wild Caught and tank bred clowns:
Wild Caught $14.99-$26.99
Tank Bred $14.99

I've also done business with fishsupply.com and been pleased with customer service, but I've never purchased fish from them...they do have good prices for their true percs though.
True Percs

I've heard mixed reviews on Jeff's Exotic Fish, but his t. percs are quite cheap for small. Small $9.00 Medium 17.00 Large $19.99
Jeff's Exotics

That's all I can think of for now, happy hunting...lemme know which you go with.

No problem Jidz, you're getting me all involved in your main stomping grounds, LOL :lol: . Soon enough I'll take over that MOTM spot... :rolleyes:

Oh I forgot the one site that I used when I started the hobby! Dave at VividAquariums.com very helpful when I had my crazy noob questions, and he has excellent livestock! I ordered an ocellaris pair from him, both were ordered as smalls, but he sent one larger than the other so they would be more likely to pair up...that I was okay with. I've also ordered small cleaner shrimp from him that were HUGE! Vivid may not have the cheapest prices around, but quality is excellent.

You are starting to sound like another crazy guy named Steve on this thread. Vivid must be good. Ill have to check themout.

And as far as my stomping ground, this place use to buy they stole all my post, so i dont really like the MOJO mod here, MDM and the others are cool, but the MOJO.... He thinks he is pretty sweet, he even promised me a plane ticket to WA frag swap and when i got it in the mail it was to some place WAYUPNORTH, i think he was insinuating something.......? No, but on the reals i love this place, alot of thread HiJackers but its still sweet. And someday you can have the MOTM spot if you try real hard, but i doubt you can have it for the next 15days!

What can I say...good customer service, and a great product makes me quite content. Keep on keeping on Steve, way to support a great business.

jidz you should ask elmo and see what he's got...just don't let him hear you call them "percs"...he gets mad....lol

jake

Well im sure he would be even madder if i HiJack'd his threads because he was mad because i called them percs. I already ordered them and have talked to him in the past, thanks for the info thou!

Last edited:
Back