xenia not pulsing

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

brady816

Ok as the title said what causes it to stop pulsing they look fine here is a pic of them..When i got them there was 4 heads and 2 stalks and they were pulsing..Where i placed them in the tank the flow was moving them around alot so i moved them over on a rock to get them out of the flow..After doing that they have attached them selfs to the another rock now there is 4 heads and 4 stalks...so is this normal???

Hi brady,
I got some "pulsing xenia" It wasn't pulsing when I bought it. but I had watched the guy frag it andd what it was growing in. In My Humble Opinion
IMHO it just needs to adjust. Like don't be a tank diver unless it starts waisting away.

Debbie

ps. Xenia can't move.
I think they just look like they do. :) as in they are like zoo's.

Last edited:
Xenia do pump or filter as you will. They also move on their rocks and ofen will "jump" disconnect and go for a swim in the current.

They seem to prefer water that has not depleted it's iodine and is fairly clean. Often moody, they will pulse again when in a better mood. Perhaps something might be nipping at it?

I have read in an article by Eric Borneman that they like nutrient poor habitats,iodine,good water circulation and high lighting.
Matt

i keep xenia under mh and no fluros they dotn pulse in eaither tank and i was under the opion that they will stop pulsing and never start again
they also dont pulse to "filter feed" but to catch more light effectivly

can we see pics of your xenia because there are many differnt types i know i have australian species and would like to see the varient between differnt oceans

are they pulsing in that video theres little movment in the way of pulsing looks more like water current will post pics of mine tomorrow as its late now and both tanks are sleeping

i don't know if i missed it :p but where's your ph at? they seem to like ph at 8.4 or at least close to that .

Back