Xenias being eaten?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

I have both in my 75 and I can only wish he would eat them, they have been together for 3 years and never a problem.

What kind of fish do you have. I've seen rabbitfish, angels and naso tang's shred xenia on a daily basis.

for what it's worth...a friend of mine has both...had and they both dissappeared! She got rid of the urchin cause that was like his favorite snack! He was long spined. He also devoured her Kenya tree!

same seen here

Same personal obsevations here. I have a Atlantic,Tennenti and a Hippo who all like to munch on xenia and Kenya tree Colt softie corals..

What kind of fish do you have. I've seen rabbitfish, angels and naso tang's shred xenia on a daily basis.

I had a large amount of xenia, and moved my naso tang over to clean up some other algae in the tank with no affect, about a week or so later I dropped in the long spined urchin and I think he is the culprit. He is a pain to move to say the least those little spines hurt when they lodge in your finger....

yep I have the same thing too it isnt all of it just a few stems here and there!So i dont worrie it is a fast weed anyways..BUt it is my emerald ..untill i got him 3 months ago i had no problem..Just my thaughts

Hmm.. I haven't seen my emerald crab since I put him in the tank, so maybe it is him, of course the stinkin hair algae isn't being eaten but the xenia is! Go figure.

Back